Autometer vs. AEM vs. Other Wideband O2 gauges...

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Has anybody used either or both of these gauges? Is the extra cost of the Autometer gauge worth it ($350+ compared to $280)? Is there another gauge out there for the money that is better?

I've seen, and like, the Aeroforce gauge but it will not do A/F by itself. I may also get one of those to monitor all my other parameters.

Thanks for any input,
Ryan

TRBO VNM

I use the innovate motorsports setup and I have checked it against the high dollar units lund and hermann use to tune with and it is very close, within tenths. the autometer uses the same sensor as the innovate, so as long as their controller is worth a damn it should operate very similar, but I haven't used it. I also have not looked into the AEM. the innovate works great and I have had no reason to switch. it is more expensive than the others. it retails for $399.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have a DynoJet Wide Band Commander and the thing that it can do are awesome. Check the web site and you'll see how much the DJWBC allows you to log and monitor. I also have the Aeroforce Tech gauge and it is also pretty cool, but like stated above you still need a wide band for it to display A/F ratio.

mavereq

Established Member
i ordered the aem wideband last week and am just waiting for it to come in. i almost went with the autometer.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
mavereq said:
i ordered the aem wideband last week and am just waiting for it to come in. i almost went with the autometer.

What made you go with the AEM? Just cost?

And while the Dynojet Commander looks very nice it is also out of my price range. :(

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
i have the aem and it works great. theres about ten friends that had picked one up after i did and no problems what so ever. on the dyno its about a half a point richer do to the cats which is about right. so dollars for dollar do aem.

BlueSS

MGWFrame044.jpg

MGWFrame051.jpg

MikeW

Established Member
I say you study them all and pick the one that you think you can wire up and put to use the easiest. The directions for some that I have seen require a lot of "pre-study" to be able to reap the benefits of some of the WB's out there.

I picked the Dynojet one and it has served me well.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
I picked up the Innovative XD-16 kit for 349$ on ebay.. its usualy listed at 399$ but it you look often you can find a deal.

I wanted a Dual kit but the difference in price really didn't make sense.. I run no cats and im going to use the rear O2 bung to plug in the wide band, I plan on switching sides every once and a while to make sure both banks read the same. But, as most people will tell you, Cyl 7,8 are the ones that should lean out first cause of heat, so usualy its the driver side you monitor.

Last edited:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I ended up buying the AEM. I just got it installed this past weekend. So far so good. And I just got my Aeroforce Tech. Interceptor gauge tonight so I will take some pics after I get it installed.

Thanks for the input,
Ryan

BlueSS

NothinButNotch said:
I ended up buying the AEM. I just got it installed this past weekend. So far so good. And I just got my Aeroforce Tech. Interceptor gauge tonight so I will take some pics after I get it installed.

Thanks for the input,
Ryan
Good Choice, Can't Wait To See Some Pics! :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread