bubblehead93

Established Member
F64AA7DD-1952-4032-B530-2EE0CAF14ED5.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That panel does look pretty good to my eye, too. When you say "curves", do you mean literal body curves or curves thrown at you as you do the body work?

bubblehead93

Established Member
That panel does look pretty good to my eye, too. When you say "curves", do you mean literal body curves or curves thrown at you as you do the body work?
the body curves... lol... the vents, the flares, natural panel curve makes for some interesting intersections of the various curves

bubblehead93

Established Member
Race bronco - yes

Luckily auto-x is relatively low speed - typically 65 mph or less…

Though eventually want to try tracking it, so cracking is worrisome

Last edited:

bubblehead93

Established Member
Race bronco - yes

Luckily auto-x is relatively low speed - typically 65 mph or less…

Though eventually want to try tracking it, so cracking is worrisome
I still have my stock 03-04 cobra hood which I modded with Carter Customs hood vents a long time ago... they used to make ones which emulate the racebronco louvers... allowed alot of heat to escape, just did not provide the improved aero the racebronco hood is supposed to deliver at speed... plus carbonfiber looks cool...

NotSatisfied

Established Member
i dont understand, you bought a terminator cut the entire car up and plan on putting flow forged wheels? Why not monoblocks or modulars? Not my car, sorry to be disrespectful.

bubblehead93

Established Member
Lol… I’ve owned this car since 2002… so it’s not like I just bought it… been racing it for years… wanted to go square… but it may not work out, then I can just put it back the way it was… only thing I’ve really chopped on is the fenders, nothing cobra unique there, just a 99-04 mustang fender… in any event, I’ll put it back the way it was if that’s the case and go racing some more… these wheels are good enough for now, then I can drop $4-5k on proper racing wheels with required offset (i.e. no spacers), but not sure if I understand the question…

Last edited:

bubblehead93

Established Member
C8514721-FD19-4E3D-AB7B-327A7F7A13AF.jpeg
0CC95C4B-82D7-4F1B-B369-163776D3097D.jpeg
Drivers side with final coat of primer after minor corrections with glazing putty…

Once it cures some final surface prep before base coat…

Passenger side is curing with some high build primer/surfaces… then some 320 grit before correcting anything still needing fixing…

Hopefully lay down the base coat next weekend…

bubblehead93

Established Member
forgive the low res pictures, i did a double take and pulled up the high res ones and then went out to the garage to look again because the lines of the fender looked so bad in low res... really weird, the algorithm really makes some odd choices at the edges...

bubblehead93

Established Member
by the way, to do this again, i would not do the vents to the rear of the wheel arch, added a bunch of complexity to the finish body work because so many different angles intersect there after you flare the arch...

bubblehead93

Established Member
after countless hours making a panel or in this case a couple fenders as close to perfect as you can, it takes a bit of courage to pull the trigger on the paint gun, only one chance to get it right and lots of chance to ruin all the hard work...

bubblehead93

Established Member
next up wet sanding before buffing... whole car, need to get down to fresh clear coat... so that will be fun... still need to set bump steer and then adjust toe...

bubblehead93

Established Member
march event came and went so fast... need to get some competition laps on the new setup... its been 6 years since last auto-x... slightly higher ride height, different tire setup obviously, fwd offset lower a-arms => added 3/4" to wheel base, different wheel rates at all 4 corners, wilwoods at all 4 corners, etc... it will be like a totally different car... hopefully in a good way...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
by the way, to do this again, i would not do the vents to the rear of the wheel arch, added a bunch of complexity to the finish body work because so many different angles intersect there after you flare the arch...
They DO look nice, though.

Users who are viewing this thread