auto Paxton times

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
Im asking because I think this winter I'm gonna try a Paxton out so I want some realistic times from some owners with stock longblocks. I say this because times on YouTube are all over the place everything from low 11s to high 9s so be honest please or I understand if you don't want to tell everything you have but don't make it seem like you're running 9s with just a supercharger and slicks. Also what would be best gear and converter combo for max et

g4dadon

Established Member
Here's my car before I built the shortblock. pretty much a beefcake paxton, special with included id1000 a boost a pump and circle d 2c converter, ms109 and 3.48 6 rib pulley. Oh and stock 3.15 gears. dont forget to add billet oil pump gears to the mix!!

[youtube_browser]_mn_qH_Xk6Y&list[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
Here's my car before I built the shortblock. pretty much a beefcake paxton, special with included id1000 a boost a pump and circle d 2c converter, ms109 and 3.48 6 rib pulley. Oh and stock 3.15 gears. dont forget to add billet oil pump gears to the mix!!

Very impressive. If you don't mind me asking do you take your car to stanghi? I see you're in Baton Rouge. I actually take mine to him for my current setup. Jus tired of the nos wanna try something new

92fiveohfox

Established Member

3.48 pulley and race gas is not a typical setup on a stock motor. Your car ran great though. Op don't expect these kind of times unless u want to live on the edge.

Mine is slow. You can pm me if you want and I'll tell you.

coyote302

Established Member
Low to mid 10 sec is what you can expect with good DA (near 0 ft) on a stock pulley paxton , a 2c converter and 3.15 gear....

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
Low to mid 10 sec is what you can expect with good DA (near 0 ft) on a stock pulley paxton , a 2c converter and 3.15 gear....

Thanks for the info. I see you're tuned by expert tuning. I saw one of their cars running 9s with basic mods or so I thought. Thats the part that has me confused. See now im wondering if I should just keep my nos setup and invest in motor durability.

stang910

Established Member
I have an everyday Paxton setup tuned on 93 octane, 3.6" pulley, longtubes, OR-H, Precision converter, DSS driveshaft, and a Boss shortblock. My car has gone 10.49@126 with only 12* timing. Pretty sure my MPH was low from a slipping belt cause it went 104 in the 1/8th. I think it could of gone 10.30's maybe better on this setup with a more aggressive launch, new belt and a couple more degree's of timing. I've since changed things around some and hoping to get a 9 second pass next time out.

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
Good times but I see to get down where I want to be either way I have to go in the motor.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
get an 8rib competition oil fed paxton. get a converter(i run 2c),get oil pump gears,id1000's,bap,good tune you can go bottom 10's comfotably and high 9's if you wanna push the limits a bit..oil pump gears are a must, your stock ones are a time bomb, may last 10 passes or 1000, especially when revving it way up there like you will with a paxton...i havent seen a motor go because of stock rod failure but im sure its happened already many times, i have seen a motor go because of not running billet oil pump gears...get the ford racing oil pump or order the gears from mmr or tss....but do the opg's 100%!

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
get an 8rib competition oil fed paxton. get a converter(i run 2c),get oil pump gears,id1000's,bap,good tune you can go bottom 10's comfotably and high 9's if you wanna push the limits a bit..oil pump gears are a must, your stock ones are a time bomb, may last 10 passes or 1000, especially when revving it way up there like you will with a paxton...i havent seen a motor go because of stock rod failure but im sure its happened already many times, i have seen a motor go because of not running billet oil pump gears...get the ford racing oil pump or order the gears from mmr or tss....but do the opg's 100%!

what gears do you run I currently have 4.10s I know they have to go. I also have a ported stock intake but it shouldn't be a problem should it

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I run 373 gears...ive never been a fan of lower gears like 315 or 308 or even 273....i like 4 full gears in the 1/4....some will disagree with this but i just went 9.16 @ 150.53 a few weeks ago with 373's...

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
I run 373 gears...ive never been a fan of lower gears like 315 or 308 or even 273....i like 4 full gears in the 1/4....some will disagree with this but i just went 9.16 @ 150.53 a few weeks ago with 373's...

That's what I want to be capable of but I'm sure thats with a built motor

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
^^^^i run a 9.5:1 out of the crate Ford Racing Alluminator.... deep in the 9's wont be doable on a stock motor if you want it to stick around any length of time but you can get it to go 9.90's....whatever you do the OPG's is a must. you can do what i did and sell your stock motor....you can get around 35-4K for it and put the cash towards an alluminator...then you can crank it up and its alot cheaper then having a motor built from scratch..

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you can go mid 10's easily in these cars when setup right.

our 2014 shop car is going 10.4'@132 with 16 degrees of timing.

close to 4000 lbs, premium, brembo, shaker, glass roof car.

with an e85 fuel system, reliable low 10' high 9's shouldn't be an issue

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
What times are the manual trans guys running?

It seems like mid 10's is really where the autos start to have a huge advantage over the standards. I've seen supercharged/auto 5.0's go 9.90's on as low as 650 rwhp. Although I have seen the MT82 crack 9's, the guy was using 3.08 gears or whatever. I think he shredded 4th gear after a few months of that, though.

Users who are viewing this thread