auto or manual

Would you order a 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto?

• manual

Votes: 93 61.6%
  • auto

Votes: 58 38.4%

• Total voters

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Here is the cooler I ran with my Procharged, 2800 stall, 4.10 gear set-up. No 10 second car but 7.5 in the 8th. -Shane
fd59.jpg

YELL03

Established Member
I bought auto, but I have become lazy.
I bet in years past the poll would not have been this close.

I do wish the auto had a way to select gears past 3rd. I used it all the time when I had the vette.

I would love to at least be able to get in to 4th and lock it in.
My daughter has a 2007 Mustang GT and jusy by clicking the OD buttom it stays in 4th, unclick it for 5th gear OD.

My 2008 LS3 Vette that I just sold had paddleshifting, so you could select what gear you want if the mood strikes you.

This would fall under what I called "some variation of an auto trans", same as running an auto with a full manual vb. If you're not using your left foot, you fall under the auto category, imo.

I agree.
My son has a VW GTI with a DSG tranny.
It is a manual tranny with 2 electonic clutches...

No clutch pedal, so I consider it an automatic, but it is a GREAT tranny.

trendkilllx

Established Member
Manual for street, auto if track use. Would consider the T56 upgrade for track use as there have been some issues with the MT82 with increased power and drag racing use.

Last edited:

radaman

Established Member
I love autos and manuals both. Each has a purpose and both can haul azz when set up properly. Im glad ford has put a nice auto tranny in the new 5.0's and IMHO, a stalled/geared auto on DR's is just a street/track beast. Love the manuals, but LOVE the auto's...

Starsky 77

Established Member
i bopught my mach as an auto because of the low miles only.
it is now at the shop getting a 6 speed d&d viper t-56 installed.
I did not think i would miss the DRIVE of a car so much. An auto is like being brain dead. You have to do nothing and you should take the bus.
Yes if i wanted a drag racing car only and have it 7 sec or faster then the auto is the way to go. Other wise the stick will get you 8's if you no how to drive and want your car there. Otherwise the stock auto will lose to the stock manual. modded auto and modded stick same result untill better than 9's.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
I took an inventory unit GT and had ARH do long tubes with high flow cats and then
did an SCT tune, with auto...got 396 rear wheel horsepower, no cai, motor did about
490 at crank. I took it out and shut off the traction control and it blew off the tires
in the first three gears...

mustangsally1

Established Member
Putting a key in a car and stepping on the gas, ohhh that's so much fun. NOT! Chirpping every gear and having fun is what it is all about. I think a automatic is a waste. That's just my opinion.

texaswrx

Established Member
Previous autos may have been a waste, but not the one offered now. I have no issues with mine. It is the first Auto I have owned in 25 years of driving, outside the vehicles used during my military service/

kevinp

Established Member
Previous autos may have been a waste, but not the one offered now. I have no issues with mine. It is the first Auto I have owned in 25 years of driving, outside the vehicles used during my military service/

+1

32 years of mostly driving manuals here, I have nothing to prove anymore so I just enjoy sipping my coffee while someone with a manual is working hard to keep up stoplight to stoplight :)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I just enjoy sipping my coffee while someone with a manual is working hard to keep up stoplight to stoplight :)

I enjoy drinking a beer and wondering why anyone would want to think about stoplight stuff when a Mustang owner can go road racing with a manual.

Shifting a 6-speed really isn't hard work. ;-)

Mustang302R.gif

Users who are viewing this thread