Auto dimming rearview mirror

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
So I'm throwing this out here...I'm think of installing a auto dimming rearview mirror. Has anyone done this? If not, I might start working on one that ppl could buy later on. But I'm pretty sure someone had to have done this. Cause I know I'm not the only one getting fed up with bright lights.

stanggirl14

Established Member
I've been debating this for a while too, check out GENTEK mirrors, they make aftermarket ones with the temp and compass display as well as the auto-dimming feature. I love the one in my truck!
:D

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I love the feature on our jeep, but I swear sometimes one of them does;t always work. Is that even possible?

shurur

Established Member
Last edited:

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
have a gentex in mine, think it came out of a gm or toyota...not sure which, got it on e-bay. compass and temp. You will have to get the temp sensor separate if you get one that has the temp in it. for the compass you have to set it. I have links if anyone needs it to set the compass.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I'd consider getting one with Homelink too while you are at it.

CzchMex

Established Member
Go to the junkyard and grab them out of a newer crown Vic or similar cars. My friend picked one up for his fox for $7 auto dimming with compass

Last edited:

Chris.94GT

Established Member
I took one out of my 95 Lightning that got totalled. Loved the one that was in my 94 Lightning when I would drive with the rear slider open at night. I considered a few times putting it in my Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread