audio

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
ya...always stuck wih the kicker.....right now i run one 12'' L7 powered by a sx1250.1 and it pounds in this little truck

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Depends...you going for SPL or SQ?? That is, are you going for loudness or sound quality?

I've got Digital Design subs and for anyone that knows DD...you know their one of the best! That's why they hold a TON of world records. JL does make nice stuff but you pay for the name too. ED makes some great stuff like someone already recommended. If you want a cheap system that will still sound decent, you can't beat Kicker. Buy your subs off ebay or somewhere and it comes out really cheap.

2 DD 3510d's in a 3.2 cu. ft. slot ported box. It hurts to sit inside haha
immibr.jpg

Last edited:

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
JL definitely makes a quality product, but for the price, you can't beat Kicker either. I've squeezed 2 12" CVR's behind the seat before and they sounded good, but I'm 6"2" and LOVE leg room so I swapped them out for a 12" L7 now and it hits pretty good. I also got a deal on a set of Kicker components and installed them in the doors and they sound pretty damn good for what they are; suprised me. they sound good enough that I kept them in there and I'm pretty picky with these type of things.

BT

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Thats a bad ass setup you got low03tb! I run a 10" kicker cvr.

Thanks! :rockon:

Low03tb where did you get that sub box that's what im having problems with finding something like that

I had it custom built by one of the Digital Design reps. Cool thing was he had Ludacris, Jalen Rose, and someone else's(can't remember for the life of me!) cars in there at the time.

If I ever get some free time:nonono:, then I'll try to take some measurements and get them to ya.

JL definitely makes a quality product, but for the price, you can't beat Kicker either. I've squeezed 2 12" CVR's behind the seat before and they sounded good, but I'm 6"2" and LOVE leg room so I swapped them out for a 12" L7 now and it hits pretty good. I also got a deal on a set of Kicker components and installed them in the doors and they sound pretty damn good for what they are; suprised me. they sound good enough that I kept them in there and I'm pretty picky with these type of things.

BT

Yeah JL makes good stuff but I think there's MUCH better for the money. Like you said too, if your going budget...you can't beat Kicker usually. They're solid and built well. If you want to go crazy though...can I recommend Digital Designs hahah

Users who are viewing this thread