Audio System Opinions in GT500

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I gotta have Bass! I had the S 500 and it was bassless. But Im picky about sound so Im not the norm.:smmon:

Yep, I agree, Bass..........I do not play my system at high levels, but I do like to hear bass at the low levels, something that is lacking on most non-sub audio options, low volume w/bass. :thumbsup:

I am not interested in turning up the volume, just to get some bass.

R

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Love the Snake on system start up. But does anyone know if it says "Good Morning" in the AM and "Good Afternoon" in the PM?

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I gotta have Bass! I had the S 500 and it was bassless. But Im picky about sound so Im not the norm.:smmon:

Well, that is exactly what I was worried about with the S500. I don't need to rattle the windows but I need a 'full' sound. I have a Mach 460 in my Mystic, and I'm not overly impressed with the sound quality. The factory Audiophile system in my F-150 rocks thanks to the factory sub under the back seat.

Will I have to get the S1000 to match or improve on the F-150? That's sad.

I'm not a big fan of adding aftermarket subs. The factory systems with factory subs (Audiophile, S1000, etc.) are so well balanced not only in volume, but the timing of the sound in order to center the soundstage at your ears. I have yet to find an aftermarket system with better balance. More bass yes, better sound, no.

I guess the only way to be sure is to find a dealer that has both and listen yourself.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Stripe, If bass is what you want, then get the JL Audio trunk sub and a clean amp for it, you won't be sorry.

Got it covered. :rolling:
I need my trunk space so I went flush. :beer:
100_2061.jpg

100_2057.jpg

croppedsubcover.jpg

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
I am shocked... my 2010 base audio setup SUCKS compared to my 04 base audio package...Distortion at low levels, poor quality.

Maybe it's because of the vert? this is my first vert and I am not happy with the new stereo.

NAV package is only way to go BTW. SYNC is awesome

smrtasp

Established Member
Mine came with the shaker 1000 and I was pretty dissapointed as well. The best sound when driving was setting the sound to rear speakers and turning off the shaker. Bass was better and the sound was louder in general. I just installed a Pionner AVIC Z110BT and now I have a nice sound from the stock speakers. The subs are insane now and its pretty clear as well. The HD radio makes such a difference. Based upon the new sound, I will not be messing with the speakers any time soon. A good after market head unit makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yup, just order the base unit and replace it all with custom. Much better sound and better navigation options too. You can do it cheaply too with the amount of reputable online vendors out there.

redline

Established Member
i went with the shelby/kicker set up .sounds great with bass.it came with 2 -8inch woofers ,4 6x8 coaxial,1solobaric sub ,that has 200 watt amp and a4.1channel amp .all plug and play.

TexasShelby

Established Member
Mine came with the shaker 1000 and I was pretty dissapointed as well. The best sound when driving was setting the sound to rear speakers and turning off the shaker. Bass was better and the sound was louder in general. I just installed a Pionner AVIC Z110BT and now I have a nice sound from the stock speakers. The subs are insane now and its pretty clear as well. The HD radio makes such a difference. Based upon the new sound, I will not be messing with the speakers any time soon. A good after market head unit makes a huge difference.

Thanks so much...I've been on the fence about making the switch, only because I didn't want to change the head and end up having to add a ton of other stuff....I was considering a powered sub for the trunk, but think I'll hold off on your recommendation until I hear it for myself.

Thx for the info.

smrtasp

Established Member
I may do the shelby kicker kit next year. It needs to be on sale though. Ive heard nothing but good things about it even from guys running the stock head unit. Plus the new 10" sub unit for the trunk weighs half as much as the stock dual 8" setup.

mrl859

Established Member
Go with the Nav and 500. You can upgrade speakers/amps/subs, etc. I don't think you'll find an aftermarket nav that intergates the sync/steering controls as well as the factory unit. Also, you can load all of your music on a thumb drive and hook it up to the usb port and have as large or as many "hard drives" as you want and even switch them out as you choose. That way you're not limited to 10 GB of music and don't have to load it one cd at a time.

ruiner

2010 Shelby GT500
Established Member
Go with the Nav and 500. You can upgrade speakers/amps/subs, etc. I don't think you'll find an aftermarket nav that intergates the sync/steering controls as well as the factory unit. Also, you can load all of your music on a thumb drive and hook it up to the usb port and have as large or as many "hard drives" as you want and even switch them out as you choose. That way you're not limited to 10 GB of music and don't have to load it one cd at a time.

agreed. my 03 had a pioneer avic-z3 and the new nav has every option + more.

the only thing that i may do at some point is upgrade the speakers

TexasShelby

Established Member

Any chance you have some pics of the new head installed and are you using the 1000 sub in the trunk still?

smrtasp

Established Member
I dont have pics currently but will take one. I did the install myself and it came out really nice. Looks stock and I have a backup camera and microphone instaled. I am using the stock subs in the trunk.

ruiner

2010 Shelby GT500
Established Member
i went with the shelby/kicker set up .sounds great with bass.it came with 2 -8inch woofers ,4 6x8 coaxial,1solobaric sub ,that has 200 watt amp and a4.1channel amp .all plug and play.

what year gt500 do you have?

jimh

Established Member
I have an 09 with the 1000. I was very disappointed at the sound of the factory system, but I had an avic nav unit I was going to put in it from my last car anyway. Used a pac audio adapter to have the headunit run the factory amps and it now sounds great.
While trying to work out the sound issues I noticed the rear amps and rear sub not having all the plugs plugged in from the factory. I'm sure that would have made the factory head unit sound better, but lick I said I had a head unit ready to go in. And now I have NAV and Bluetooth.

Plug and play and I had to rewire nothing.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Mine came with the shaker 1000 and I was pretty dissapointed as well. . Based upon the new sound, I will not be messing with the speakers any time soon. A good after market head unit makes a huge difference.

Same can be said for good after market speakers. If you think the HU made that much of an impact, you should hear real speakers vs what the factory ships with :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread