Audio Recommendations

CobraCleric

Youngblood
Established Member
Hey Guys, a friend of mine is looking for a head unit for a 2005+ Mustang GT. I know most of you are more audio/tech inclined than I am so I thought I'd try to get some recommendations for him.

Jason, looking in your direction :poke:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
A double DIN headunit would be perfect in there. You'd have the choice of DVD, nav, reverse camera, ipod hookup, bluetooth and more. Any of the Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, and Eclipse all make good models, some costing as little as $600. Tell him to check out crutchfield, they might not always have the best prices, but you get deals on shipping and install accessories, plus full instructions and very fast shipping.

slverstang

Established Member
pioneer D3 FTW

pioneer-avic-d3-unit_12.jpg

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
how much do those run for?

They run around 1k from best buy or like $600 on ebay( referb) or $700 new.... I have the D1 in my car now and love it. Im going to be upgrading to the D3 in a few weeks... If they arent looking for Nav, get the alpine w200. Two of the guys in my shop have them and love em. They have great ipod and sat controls.

Either way you can go wrong...

This is a good deal..

Pioneer AVID-D3 in dash navigation receiver

Pioneer CD-I200 IPOD adapter

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth adapter

Pioneer CD-R55 ( I think its the remote)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PIONEER-AVI...ryZ79834QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Pioneer for sure. I bought the Avic Z2 last September for $1,600 and found one yesterday for $1,000. DVD, nav, Ipod adaptor, bluetooth, and steering wheel remote is the shizzitz. Gonna put one in the 'other' car.

TRBO VNM

I would agree with the units listed. we have installed a few of the pioneer avic units and one of the kenwood units and they all have been very nice.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I would say it depends on your budget. Assuming price is irrelevant, I would choose anything by Eclipse.

EDIT: Does he want Nav too?

Last edited:

roadbratt

i drive the speed limit
Established Member
I love alpine. I just picked up the new cda-9886 model on ebay for 225 shipped. it's not a double DIN unit but it comes with IPOD ready and USB ready.

Users who are viewing this thread