Audi S4 Vs. Mach 1

O3dsg

Established Member
I was running down an old Mexican hwy when I saw a newer silver Audi coming up on me. I glanced over and see a V6T badge on the fender as he slows down and paces me and keeps looking over. I decide to take the bait as it's obvious he is game. We are coming up on some traffic the only open lane ahead is mine so he floors it and jumps out ahead this is when I see the S badge. I drop my car in 4th and stop his pull and run up on him as we start to get into some slower traffic ahead. I get in behind him as we make our way through the slower traffic as soon as we are clear he then proceeds to floor it again. This time the hwy is wide open so it's on! I instantly start to pull and as I am passing him he looks over with a big grin and get's out of it. :shrug: I try to bait him again but he won't even look over. Any way a little bit of fun still happens down here in Mexico.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
so he backed out of it first before you could pass him?...basically saying he just dusted you off. Probably just posted in the audi forum that he skull dragged you lol.

clc44

Established Member
I was running down an old Mexican hwy when I saw a newer silver Audi coming up on me. I glanced over and see a V6T badge on the fender as he slows down and paces me and keeps looking over. I decide to take the bait as it's obvious he is game. We are coming up on some traffic the only open lane ahead is mine so he floors it and jumps out ahead this is when I see the S badge. I drop my car in 4th and stop his pull and run up on him as we start to get into some slower traffic ahead. I get in behind him as we make our way through the slower traffic as soon as we are clear he then proceeds to floor it again. This time the hwy is wide open so it's on! I instantly start to pull and as I am passing him he looks over with a big grin and get's out of it. :shrug: I try to bait him again but he won't even look over. Any way a little bit of fun still happens down here in Mexico.

What is your name? I use to live in Gulfport. I now live in New Orleans and have been for the past year. Were you on redlined?

O3dsg

Established Member
so he backed out of it first before you could pass him?...basically saying he just dusted you off. Probably just posted in the audi forum that he skull dragged you lol.

I am sure he knew his gig was over as we were door to door when he let out and I know he saw I had no problem pulling on him both times. Either way that is one nice car I might have to consider this over a new Taurus SHO.

What is your name? I use to live in Gulfport. I now live in New Orleans and have been for the past year. Were you on redlined?

I am a lot further South.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I am sure he knew his gig was over as we were door to door when he let out and I know he saw I had no problem pulling on him both times. Either way that is one nice car I might have to consider this over a new Taurus SHO.

I am a lot further South.

I figured so, nice kill

Anabolic

Banned
arn't some of those audis AWD? nice kill nonetheless. That's like racing that honda you didn't know you were racing until you see a backfire/poof of smoke

Nitrous Outlet

Established Member
arn't some of those audis AWD? nice kill nonetheless. That's like racing that honda you didn't know you were racing until you see a backfire/poof of smoke

The S would be AWD. Was it a B8 S4
2403895768_78bc45ea3c_o.jpg

or B5 S4

2793BBS_LM.jpg

The B5's can be beastly on aftermarket turbos. The B8 are fairly new so there is not a lot of people pushing them yet. Plus they are S/C not turbo even though the badges say V6T on them.

primetime

Established Member
Good runs... They are all AWD, as Neal mentioned... A few mods can make them run pretty well especially from a dig and especially if it's a S-tronic car... Stock they will go very high 12's in a decent DA and modified were in the mid to high 11's... My best time is an 11.69 and I have trapped over 119+ many times... I can cut low 1.6x 60's all day so like I said out of the hole their real quick... My mods are pulley, tune, HFC's, catback, intake, and larger HE along with some suspension stuff... I'll be adding the new Eaton TVS 1.74L blower once APR releases it, stock is the TVS 1.32L... Should net me low 11's... B5's are much better from a roll as they are harder to launch do to the gearing and can spool the turbos much better for roll racing... They need aftermarket turbos otherwise their mid 12's at best... I have tons of vids of mine on youtube under finncat21 if you want to see what they can do... Here is a pic...

B8
2009_0726_033709.jpg

Old B5
S40210047.jpg

O3dsg

Established Member
Nice kill. How much power are you making OP? 340-350 rwhp I'd imagine

The car made 342 on a stingy Mustang dyno after the cam swap. I have since added a few more mods so it should be slightly higher I really need to get it on a Dynojet to get some SAE#'s

Where exactly?

Outside of CC Texas

The S would be AWD. Was it a B8 S4 or B5 S4

It was a B8 I am pretty sure it was an S tronic as well as it accelerated really smoothly.

Primetime, that is one sharp looking car and I am glad I did not run into your sleeper!

Poppacapp

Established Member
The Audis are nice cars.... until the rapair bill comes in. :nonono: About like all German high mileage cars.. you have to budget more repair costs in than fuel costs.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
I have to say not all German cars are bad. My cousin has and 07 A4 and everything works just fine and runs great, te only thing that went out a few years was the hydraulics in the steering linkage. It was expensive but nothing different the. Newer fords or Chevys.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
$1200 because the water pump went on my Passat Turbo 1.8L with 78K miles on it. It was all because of labor and the need for special tools to just get to the damn thing. Entire front bumper had to come off also.
The water pump impellers are made from plastic and are known to break.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
$1200 because the water pump went on my Passat Turbo 1.8L with 78K miles on it. It was all because of labor and the need for special tools to just get to the damn thing. Entire front bumper had to come off also.
The water pump impellers are made from plastic and are known to break.

That's why, if you will notice in auto for sale ads, you will see alot of BMW's and Mercedes etc for sale near the 50k mile mark. They know the factory warranty will be running out, and most likely do not want to deal with the car out of warranty. You can always get a good running car.. but the German cars are not known for the long term quality... other than Porsche. They have one of the best quality record of all the manufacturers.... but you pay $800 for oil changes... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread