atypical shifter whine? Help!

magnum4000

Established Member
I've searched through the forums, but my problem is different. The others talk about gear whine from the shifter area at speed or high rpms. I just noticed in the past couple of weeks that I get a high pitch whine mainly in neutral with the clutch out (like at a stop light). It goes away once the clutch is engaged. Is this anything that I should be concerned about? I'm at 14k miles, triax has been on for most of them.

Thanks in advance! :rockon:

TEABG

Banned
Weird, I know we all hate dealers but request for the foremen to take it for a test drive and he will know exactly what the cause is and will have a solution to remedy the concern

magnum4000

Established Member
I took it in today and they snatched it and gave me a rental. I also took in a previous post referring to TSB 04/13/04, although I could not find the actual TSB wording. I'll let you know what they tell me.

Thanks Again!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is the wording I have on my website.

04-13-4 TRANSMISSION - Transmission Rattle Noise or Difficult to Shift (Tremac T-56 Transmission) - Some 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra vehicles equipped with the T-56 transmission may a rattle noise or a difficult to shift condition. This is due to a cracked or broken release bearing guide tube.
Action: To service, install a revised transmission adapter cover plate. The revised adapter cover has release bearing guide tube already installed.

SpectorV

Established Member
my old car made noise when in neutral that went away when i pushed the clutch in but it was just the transmission, nothing out of the ordinary and was not super noticable.

Users who are viewing this thread