Attention San Antonio 5.0 Owners!!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Reische Performance Products is looking for a test car in the San Antonio area to assist in developing a low temp thermostat for the Coyote engine. We already have a prototype ready but just need to get some real world fitment specs and test data. This should not take more than a few hours. Ideally the owner would already have a handheld programmer in order to change fan settings and monitor ECT.

Our test subject will end up with a 170° Performance Thermostat installed free of charge!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in Austin and willing to help if you can't get anyone any closer. Have tuning tools that will do more than any handheld can. It's a sub 11.50 NA auto trans car, but the engine is completely untouched.
We're actually not that far from Austin, right off I-35 just before you get into S.A. If you're interested PM me and we can work out the details.

kingnut

Established Member
low temp is supposed to keep the car cooler cooler yes. opens at a lower temp but doesnt it just make the fans run more? sounds like a good idea but idk. someone chime in if this is really a good thing to do. and are there any draw backs with installing a low temp thermostat?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
low temp is supposed to keep the car cooler cooler yes. opens at a lower temp but doesnt it just make the fans run more? sounds like a good idea but idk. someone chime in if this is really a good thing to do. and are there any draw backs with installing a low temp thermostat?
I think your post is inappropriate here.

If you want to discuss the merits/drawbacks of running an engine cooler then please start another thread and I would be happy to give my .02. There is also plenty of info on this forum, my website and the internet on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread