Attention Horsepower by Herman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almo

Established Member
I caught a thread (dated I know) on www.autogeek.net and it caught my attention as one of the members there (ASPHALT ROCKET) was claiming you tuned an 2003 Mustang Cobra with an upper pulley (stock lower on a non-ported Eaton) to 530/530 SAE.

If it isn't too much trouble... can you confirm this please? I have never ever seen a car with just an upper only pulley make 530 SAE to the wheels, let alone over 505 STD across the 03/04 Cobra community with the same combo.

Not to mention I find his claim of also mentioning 530 SAE RWTQ very questionable because I am pretty sure TQ with a upper only on a non-ported blower should be pushing a bit further than 530 to the wheels, SAE or not.

Thanks,
Allen

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Allen, could you reference the thread on Autogeek? Wow.......quite an achievement. ;-)

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
By the way, I am in no way knocking the shop and or Herman... heard he is a great guy and I am not one natured when it comes to a shop because there are lots of great tuners around the U.S. That said though, I would have pulled the BS card no matter who had posted and I am only interested in the number. Not to mention, I would like to crush the validity in his claims especially seeing how he gave Jason a hard time.

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
LOL... I think he is concerned as he PM'ed me 3 different times off the same 1 PM I had sent him. In his PMs he also seems to act like it is no big deal and I shouldn't worry about it and says who cares if his brother's car has a good tune on it or not (giving off the impression as a good tune is the reasoning for the unbelievable numbers)... not to mention its as if his consecutive emails start to dip further and further in trying to downplay his original claims.

By the way, sending you a PM... been meaning to ask you something.

Cheers,
Allen

boosted306

Established Member
It wouldn't surprise me to much if it was a very unsafe tune. You can do a lot with an extreme tune. I bet he pushed everything to the max and it leans out in higher RPM's.

EDIT: So I guess it could be done, with a tune that is a ticking time bomb.

Almo

Established Member
It wouldn't surprise me to much if it was a very unsafe tune. You can do a lot with an extreme tune. I bet he pushed everything to the max and it leans out in higher RPM's.

EDIT: So I guess it could be done, with a tune that is a ticking time bomb.

I respectfully disagree... It isn't going to happen!! To far out of reach to even lean the hell out of it and push timing above the moon... not to mention only so much timing will take until it starts to advance beyond extreme pushed limits and not be efficient or beneficial to the vehicle.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
This guy Asphalt Rocket is an idiot. Like Allen has said, his claims are not possible with those modifications and his attitude makes it even easier to discard. Only problem is that this could inadvertantly be taken as a reflection on Herman. And I doubt very seriously if Herman wants his name mentioned with this clown's name or claims.

Asphalt's quote:

Nice car, but the best tuner in this area or one of the best in the country is HorsepowerbyHerman(HBH). Just a little heads up my brother's 03 Cobra puts out 530/530 horsepower/torque SAE(corrected) not STD. Thats with a stock eaton, not ported, and stock lower pulley. Not taking anything away from your car it is very nice, but Excessive is nowhere near the best tuner in the area, they have a very bad reputation. I have been in the Mustang scene since the mid-80's so I know whos who in tuning.

Almo

Established Member
Somewhat the reason in posting up so Herman could clear his name of this clown. :-D

Cause on the interwebs, all it takes is one to go around saying such to reflect a bad image on someone not even knowing they are doing so.

Last edited:

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
Dana is a good guy who did have a very fast mustang back in the day.

I don't know the thread your talking about, but the car in question is his brother's car , Keith who is also a good guy. The dyno runs were not done at my shop, I did tune his car and have done alot of stuff for him. The runs were from Springfield Motorsports. Again, i've never seen the sheets. Dana is a little high strung and will flick off like a flip of a switch...but again he is a nice guy down deep.:beer: Keith is planning to dyno his car here sometime and I guess we can see what it makes. I've tuned ported eatons to make the power stated but as of right now no unported eaton i've seen first hand has made that! Please feel free to leave me out of threads like this in the future ok??:beer: Hermann:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread