ATT: Auto Insurance Experts and Everyone. I need help ASAP!

SNAKBYT

Established Member
A different approach

Snake: Why are you talking to the other person's insurance company at all?? When I had a no-fault accident 3 years ago, I called my company and told them to take care of this..after all..that's why I pay for insurance. I stated the amount I felt the car was worth (also totaled) my company contacted his and I had a check in two weeks! You do NOT have to deal with the other guys insurance company if you don't want too! At least not in Washington which does everything that California does. Tell your agent to represent YOU! You are dealing with insurance adjusters who know how and how hard to screw you. Go on the offensive, do yourself a favor and don't talk with the other guys insurance adjuster anymore. Good Luck... P.S. Don't sign the medical release unless you are made whole on the car...If you take my meaning.

KurtDog

Established Member
Snake: Why are you talking to the other person's insurance company at all??

This, if they are trying to hose you call your insurance agent. They will get the most out of your car.

I work for a company that makes software that appraises total losses. We factor like cars in the same area as where the car was totaled and blue book and several other data sets. Typically we total the car for above blue book.

They are trying to shaft you.

snakezilla

Established Member
Snake: Why are you talking to the other person's insurance company at all?? When I had a no-fault accident 3 years ago, I called my company and told them to take care of this..after all..that's why I pay for insurance. I stated the amount I felt the car was worth (also totaled) my company contacted his and I had a check in two weeks! You do NOT have to deal with the other guys insurance company if you don't want too! At least not in Washington which does everything that California does. Tell your agent to represent YOU! You are dealing with insurance adjusters who know how and how hard to screw you. Go on the offensive, do yourself a favor and don't talk with the other guys insurance adjuster anymore. Good Luck... P.S. Don't sign the medical release unless you are made whole on the car...If you take my meaning.

This, if they are trying to hose you call your insurance agent. They will get the most out of your car.

I work for a company that makes software that appraises total losses. We factor like cars in the same area as where the car was totaled and blue book and several other data sets. Typically we total the car for above blue book.

Well, on this car I only had liability because its an old car. I don't think my insurance will do anything for me. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

snakezilla

Established Member
Scratch that. I called my agent and she told me I can get assistance from my insurance even though that car only has liability. Now I'm waiting for my adjuster to call me back. I was trying to handle it without getting my insurance involved but now I have to.

Last edited:

snakezilla

Established Member

Well, on this car I only had liability because its an old car. I don't think my insurance will do anything for me. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Jefe

Established Member
Scratch that. I called my agent and she told me I can get assistance from my insurance even though that car only has liability. Now I'm waiting for my adjuster to call me back. I was trying to handle it without getting my insurance involved but now I have to.
You filed a claim on your policy? I hope not. Why do you have to?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't think he filed a claim with his insurance company. He didn't have collision on it. It sounds like they are just trying to help advise him.

Here is what I would have done weeks ago. Snake, since you have an attorney for the injuries I would have told the other insurance adjuster that unless they promptly make you a fair offer on the car that you will let your attorney handle it. Ironically that is now what they are saying to YOU. That since you have an attorney they cannot talk directly to you. Honestly, I would have told your attorney to handle it. At least he would insure you got a decent offer. JMO.

P.S. - I know you don't want to discuss the injuries but I just want to say I really hope that your daughter and wife are now doing well. Must have been a scary experience for you all.

Jefe

Established Member
I don't think he filed a claim with his insurance company. He didn't have collision on it. It sounds like they are just trying to help advise him.
Usually the only way to get an adjuster is to file a claim. It sounded like everything was working out in his interest finally. Now its back up in the air with his company getting involved. Probably just extended the claim another few days at least as well as him having to tell his side of the story all over again

snakezilla

Established Member
You should have had a rental 27 days ago man. Shame on you for not staying on top of it.
Perhaps you can get paid for those days but doubtful without proof of rental. Call somebody and get yourself in a car on THEIR dime!

You filed a claim on your policy? I hope not. Why do you have to?

I did not file a claim with my insurance but I made them aware that the car had been totaled due to getting rear ended. My insurance agent told me that my insurance will help me get compensated for my loss if I don't feel I am treated right and compensated. I have no idea how this works but I am not asking for my insurance to pay for anything. They only cover me for liability on this vehicle. I Just need help dealing with the property damages and getting the proper compensation.

Last edited:

snakezilla

Established Member

Here is what I would have done weeks ago. Snake, since you have an attorney for the injuries I would have told the other insurance adjuster that unless they promptly make you a fair offer on the car that you will let your attorney handle it. Ironically that is now what they are saying to YOU. That since you have an attorney they cannot talk directly to you. Honestly, I would have told your attorney to handle it. At least he would insure you got a decent offer. JMO.

P.S. - I know you don't want to discuss the injuries but I just want to say I really hope that your daughter and wife are now doing well. Must have been a scary experience for you all.

Thank you for your kind words for my family. I appreciate it. It's not a very nice experience for my wife and 7 year old to be rear ended while they are stopped at a red light in a car, by a Expedition going 45mph and didn't even attempt to STOP! and make a mid 90s t bird look like a hatch-back.

The attorney only deals with the injuries not the property. Part of our agreement.

Last edited:

snakezilla

Established Member
If it would have been the Cobra or my family sedan I would have had my insurance involved and more. I have full coverage on those cars. I can safely say those cars are over insured...

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Ask the total loss rep where they got the figures on your car. They could have come from ADP, Mitchell, CCC, NADA guides or some company I don't know about. I am appraiser and total cars on a daily basis. To start go to NADA guides.com and enter in your car, mileage and options. Look at average retail. Thats your starting point. Now compare it to their offer. Does your state guarantee you replacement value of the car? Most states are actual cash value, not replacement. Ask the rep for a breakdown of all figures on the car that lead up to their offer. If you post it here I can tell you if its a good starting point or not. I can tell you a mid 90s Tbird isn't worth much, maybe 3-4 at best.

Users who are viewing this thread