Atlanta GA Varsity cruise

mavisky

Established Member
Got invited along on a little cruise down to The Varsity. A famous chili dog fast food restaurant here in downtown Atlanta. I'm still learning to camera and I'm a noob when it comes to any sort of post processing so here's the photos straight out of the camera.

My car - loved the look of this so had to make it my new signature photo as well until something better comes along.
IMG_3873_zps1ec4a0aa.gif

Blown 5.0 on Alcoa reps.
IMG_3886_zpsa203de21.gif

Lovely Forgestar setup.
IMG_3885_zps7998541d.gif

IMG_3884_zps7dc31f8f.gif

IMG_3882_zps47a12934.gif

IMG_3880_zpsa11e4b84.gif

Olympic torch from 1996 Summer Olympics
IMG_3877_zps021e7502.gif

IMG_3874_zps4f6c810c.gif

IMG_3871_zpsebb8bd5d.gif

IMG_3872_zps5b78053c.gif

mavisky

Established Member
i wonder why the **** i didnt get invited to this...

Great shots sir.

I literally heard about this a couple hours before it happened and was under the impression it was going to just be a few people. If I'd had any idea it was going to be this big I'd have blown up the forums.

jbs$

Established Member
I remember when a Varsity cruse was a nightly event, not something that had to be planned.

mavisky

Established Member
Blue Mach is a cammed and stroked motor. Sounds pretty nasty, couldn't hear my own Shelby at cruise on the way down over him 5 cars ahead of me. I think these were the only other photos I took of the car that day. The color was really "popping" that day in the lighting we had even though it was a high sun at noon. The light cloud cover would diffuse it some and help the blue not get blown out.

IMG_3870_zpsaeb549bb.gif

IMG_3865_zps0dd7b89e.gif

IMG_3878_zps9f305eb9.gif

silverstang23

Established Member
Is that the Thursday night cruise that fills the entire place? Used to be the biggest collection of rice and other Atlanta classics

Zemedici

Established Member
Is that the Thursday night cruise that fills the entire place? Used to be the biggest collection of rice and other Atlanta classics

this was the past sunday. It was a mustang specific cruise. But it seemed sort of last minute.

The thursday night cruises are cancelled indefinitely iirc. The bikes were too much.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome event and great photos! Thanks for posting them up for our enjoyment. :)

mavisky

Established Member

this was the past sunday. It was a mustang specific cruise. But it seemed sort of last minute.

The thursday night cruises are cancelled indefinitely iirc. The bikes were too much.

That is correct and that's what I've heard as well about the Thursday cruises.

Nice pics!
I hope you didnt eat the food there, your stomach will hate you for a week

Two chili dogs, fries, and an applie pie. I was expecting the worst, but my stomach held up pretty solidly all things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread