ATI super damper

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
I just installed a 2.9 whipple on my car and now I am wondering if I should go ahead and install a new balancer too. While I was getting the supercharger installed, I did have the install billet opg's and the crank shaft sprocket. I know that wouldn't make my engine bulletproof, but I'm guessing it couldn't hurt me either. I would just like to get some opinions before I go out and drop $500 on this. This is the one that I have been looking at:

http://www.jpcracing.com/ati-2011-5-0-coyote-sfi-18-1-balancer/

Thanks

bunits19714

Established Member
would been easier and cheaper if you would of did while it was apart- now you need to make the decision if you want to under/over drive it or run stock for the future, even though the motor will eventually need better rods if you turn it up to much- I swear by my ati my 17' longblock is so much quieter than my 14 was with stock dampener- almost need to take the resonators back out that I had to re install because the 14' motor was so loud and raspby. and I added 4 psi of boost. just seems smoother.

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
would been easier and cheaper if you would of did while it was apart- now you need to make the decision if you want to under/over drive it or run stock for the future, even though the motor will eventually need better rods if you turn it up to much- I swear by my ati my 17' longblock is so much quieter than my 14 was with stock dampener- almost need to take the resonators back out that I had to re install because the 14' motor was so loud and raspby. and I added 4 psi of boost. just seems smoother.

Yeah I didn’t do enough research before so now I’m gonna have to pay the price for it. My car put down 650/525 so I know I’m right on the edge. I would like for this motor to stay together for as long as possible, I might as well pull the trigger on the ati setup.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I have ATI on my Cobra, there's one in the Pro-Mod. I recommend it. I had a factory damper fail in my Cobra, the rubber insert split & it walked forward a good 1.5 inches. I made a thread about it a few years ago with photos but since SVTP changed its format I don't know how to search for my threads?

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
I have ATI on my Cobra, there's one in the Pro-Mod. I recommend it. I had a factory damper fail in my Cobra, the rubber insert split & it walked forward a good 1.5 inches. I made a thread about it a few years ago with photos but since SVTP changed its format I don't know how to search for my threads?

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I went ahead and bought one, should be at the house Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread