AT&T can ****ing blow me

exdeath

Established Member
AT&T is by far the worst cell service I have ever had. I have 0 bars at my house and most everywhere I go. I can't make or recieve calls unless I'm in the exact right goddamn position. I have to go 4 ****ing blocks from my house 'till I get a couple bars so I can make calls, and text messages aren't even an option (they never send).

More bars in more places, my ass. When my contract ends in September, I'm switching to Verizon.

Sounds like you're in a Cingular service area which has been taken over by AT&T. CDMA (Verizon, Altel, etc) seems to be a lot better than GSM in the states.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Here in so cal ATT blows. Tons of dropped calls, tons of late txts and voicemails.

I hear its completely unusable in San Francisco though, can anyone chime in on that?

Where in SoCal? I live near LAX and I'm usually out and about throughout Los Angeles and the Long Beach area, and I always get awesome reception. The only place where I get bad reception is when I'm in Bel Air Crest and parts of Mulholland Drive because even when I've gone to the valley, Kern River, San Fran, and Oakland I've gotten great reception.

Maybe you have a bad phone? Or you live wayyyy south in San Diego? Even then I've always had full bars when I've gone down there. I've even gotten reception in Tijuana! lol.

You have lead based paint too.

Last edited:

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
I have an Iphone and don't have any problems at all. Just so you know AT&T's "More Bars in More places" is crap, They run a 5 bar system where as everyone else uses 4 bars.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I have an Iphone and don't have any problems at all. Just so you know AT&T's "More Bars in More places" is crap, They run a 5 bar system where as everyone else uses 4 bars.

hahahahahahahahahaha

You really think that's the premise behind the commercials?

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
You have lead based paint.
Yeah Duh. I painted with 10 layers of very heavy lead based paint, now I'm covered if there is a nuclear blast around me.

Verizon or nothing. You could be at the center of the earth and they'd have a tower down there for service.
That's what I'm shooting for.

I don't think it's the service bud, it's you living in Colorado. Betcha when you get Verizon you're going to have -1 bars...
I doubt it, everyone else I know that has verizon gets great service everywhere around here.

I have Verizon in Southern CO where my nearest neighbor is 1 mile away and my signal rocks. Verizon FTMFW in CO.
Alright :beer:

you can cancel you contract early since you do not get any bars where you live, no service where u live=easy cancel.
They want to charge me $50 to cancel. Besides I only have about a month left on the contract, might as well let it run out.

We actually carry a Samsung named the Solstice....hahahaha

OP call 611 from your handset and have them put in a trouble ticket. It'll take a few to get noticed so call every few days.

Also stop by a corporate store and Get a new SIM card.

How long has this problem been occuring? How old is your handset? What model is it?

With details I can help you decide if ATT is still the best carrier for you. Nobody is everywhere all the time. Its just a matter of finding the carrier that is where you are at that time.

The problem has occured ever since I switched to ATT. I just got a brand new LG Shine, so there should be no problem with the phone. Also, this is my 2nd sim card, no fix.

From everything I've read Verizon has the best coverage where I am.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Honestly the Shine is a HUGE POS for signal. It only catches signal if you throw a tower at it...

If you have friends/coworkers with VZW and are happy with it in your area then it looks like that's the best option for you.

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
Honestly the Shine is a HUGE POS for signal. It only catches signal if you throw a tower at it...

If you have friends/coworkers with VZW and are happy with it in your area then it looks like that's the best option for you.

Yeah, sounds good. Honestly, when I get my new verizon phone this old Shine phone will be meeting one of my .45 hollow-points. :rockon:

LSUstang05

Established Member
i have 4 bars 24/7 with ATT. ever think maybe your phone is crap or possibly going out?

sucks, cause all my friends have sprint, verizon or tmobile and anytime they dont have full bars or whatnot, i always do. I havent had a dropped call since the days of the Nokia 3390 and 5190's. Ive been with ATT since 99, since way before they were bought by cingular and then turned into ATT again.

besides, "more bars in more places" cannot account for the fact your home might have some crazy insulation or building material density that doesnt allow for signals. ATT does have a broader coverage area than others. Could be worse, you could have Tmobile where they want you to install a cellphone hotspot via your internet connection (like a Router) so you and all your neighbors can get better reception. their service is so crappy they ask you to build their infrastructure to make it better.
My parents have some crazy insulation in their house and never get any signal with their phones. The funny thing is, I get 2-4 bars when I'm in the house and have an iPhone :rockon:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
My Alltel/Verizon/whatever the hell it is now, almost always kicks anyone else around me's service. There are some spots that I don't get service though, which probably means that there is no real universal answer.

DARK GEARS

Banned
i have 4 bars 24/7 with ATT. ever think maybe your phone is crap or possibly going out?

sucks, cause all my friends have sprint, verizon or tmobile and anytime they dont have full bars or whatnot, i always do. I havent had a dropped call since the days of the Nokia 3390 and 5190's. Ive been with ATT since 99, since way before they were bought by cingular and then turned into ATT again.

besides, "more bars in more places" cannot account for the fact your home might have some crazy insulation or building material density that doesnt allow for signals. ATT does have a broader coverage area than others. Could be worse, you could have Tmobile where they want you to install a cellphone hotspot via your internet connection (like a Router) so you and all your neighbors can get better reception. their service is so crappy they ask you to build their infrastructure to make it better.
With sprint you can lock out the airave to the numbers you want only.

GraphicNature

Viewer Discretion Advised
Established Member
Call 800-331-0500 and have them check your coverage. If it is ok then your phone needs to be updated. They can do this and it is very simple.

I had them check mine... They said it was OK. Its not.

I get a new phone, on average, about every six months. None of them work where I live. Some are better than other but none are good. If I go out of town to a larger town or city everything is OK. I hate AT&T so bad but all of my friends and family have it. I would like to keep my mobile to mobile with them. My wife knows a few people that have Verizon and they get excellent service where we live. If I knew of some way out of AT&T without having to pay a big fee I would switch.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
well checked at our new house and I had 1 bar to no bars.

but we had a friend with us who had veriozen and she had no bars at all. cell phones suck.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Call 611 or visit a Corporate store and have them put in a Trouble ticket for your house. They might be able to improve your signal a little.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
Call 611 or visit a Corporate store and have them put in a Trouble ticket for your house. They might be able to improve your signal a little.

we have had our phones for around 2 years now so will be getting new ones. but no way I am signing another contract with them. and if it continues after we get new phones then I will defiantly be calling.

although our realtor had the Iphone and he said he gets no signal there either.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
we have had our phones for around 2 years now so will be getting new ones. but no way I am signing another contract with them. and if it continues after we get new phones then I will defiantly be calling.

although our realtor had the Iphone and he said he gets no signal there either.

new phones for cheap = contract. But you have 30 days to return them before you are locked into the contract. But each phone will have $35 dollar restocking fee...

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
AT&T is by far the worst cell service I have ever had. I have 0 bars at my house and most everywhere I go. I can't make or recieve calls unless I'm in the exact right goddamn position. I have to go 4 ****ing blocks from my house 'till I get a couple bars so I can make calls, and text messages aren't even an option (they never send).

More bars in more places, my ass. When my contract ends in September, I'm switching to Verizon.

Just do a time ticket - let them see you have no service - and you should be able to end your contract early with a waived fee.

I did the same thing with Verizon in my house.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
new phones for cheap = contract. But you have 30 days to return them before you are locked into the contract. But each phone will have $35 dollar restocking fee...

ya I know, just hate being locked into a contract. if I was not in one now I would have ditched them a long time ago due to lack of signal/service. but will give them another chance since I will be moving. and if it continues to suck then I will have no hard feelings switching.

Users who are viewing this thread