AT&T can ****ing blow me

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
AT&T is by far the worst cell service I have ever had. I have 0 bars at my house and most everywhere I go. I can't make or recieve calls unless I'm in the exact right goddamn position. I have to go 4 ****ing blocks from my house 'till I get a couple bars so I can make calls, and text messages aren't even an option (they never send).

More bars in more places, my ass. When my contract ends in September, I'm switching to Verizon.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I think it really depends on the location. In my area, which is very populated near D.C., the service is awesome. I always get full coverage here.

mvr

Established Member
i guess im lucky. i get full 3g all the time on my iphone. i do live in the outskirts of las vegas.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I had the exact same problem when I was on Verizon. No signal at my house, and text messages would never go through. Now I switched to ATT, and I'm 3G all the time. Guess it just depends on your location.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i have 4 bars 24/7 with ATT. ever think maybe your phone is crap or possibly going out?

sucks, cause all my friends have sprint, verizon or tmobile and anytime they dont have full bars or whatnot, i always do. I havent had a dropped call since the days of the Nokia 3390 and 5190's. Ive been with ATT since 99, since way before they were bought by cingular and then turned into ATT again.

besides, "more bars in more places" cannot account for the fact your home might have some crazy insulation or building material density that doesnt allow for signals. ATT does have a broader coverage area than others. Could be worse, you could have Tmobile where they want you to install a cellphone hotspot via your internet connection (like a Router) so you and all your neighbors can get better reception. their service is so crappy they ask you to build their infrastructure to make it better.

Last edited:

shad0ws

I like to whine...
Established Member
i have 4 bars 24/7 with ATT. ever think maybe your phone is crap or possibly going out?

sucks, cause all my friends have sprint, verizon or tmobile and anytime they dont have full bars or whatnot, i always do. I havent had a dropped call since the days of the Nokia 3390 and 5190's. Ive been with ATT since 99, since way before they were bought by cingular and then turned into ATT again.

besides, "more bars in more places" cannot account for the fact your home might have some crazy insulation or building material density that doesnt allow for signals. ATT does have a broader coverage area than others. Could be worse, you could have Tmobile where they want you to install a cellphone hotspot via your internet connection (like a Router) so you and all your neighbors can get better reception. their service is so crappy they ask you to build their infrastructure to make it better.

I didn't know T-mobile did that but anyways. You do know that both T-Mobile and AT&T share the same towers right? They both run off a GSM signal which is kind of like the HD of phone service but it's not up to par in the states yet. GSM is all they have in Europe and Asia. The U.S. as a country is actually WAY behind as far as cellphone technology. Companies like Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Ntelos, and Helio all share the same towers as well if you have a nationwide plan. All those companies run off a CDMA signal which is why you can't roam off a AT&T or T-Mobile tower with any of those companies.

Just a tid bit of information...

XtraTQ

Established Member
I switched from Alltel to AT&T and couldn't be happier with the cell reception.

LS2GTO

Established Member
I don't think it's the service bud, it's you living in Colorado. Betcha when you get Verizon you're going to have -1 bars...

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Think it depends on the place. ATT use to suck and probably still does around the areas I live. Pretty much the sole reason I won't go with the Iphone.

Alltel and verizon always are spot on.

98slowbra

Established Member
AT&T is by far the worst cell service I have ever had. I have 0 bars at my house and most everywhere I go. I can't make or recieve calls unless I'm in the exact right goddamn position. I have to go 4 ****ing blocks from my house 'till I get a couple bars so I can make calls, and text messages aren't even an option (they never send).

More bars in more places, my ass. When my contract ends in September, I'm switching to Verizon.

you can cancel you contract early since you do not get any bars where you live, no service where u live=easy cancel.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I don't think it's the service bud, it's you living in Colorado. Betcha when you get Verizon you're going to have -1 bars...

I have Verizon in Southern CO where my nearest neighbor is 1 mile away and my signal rocks. Verizon FTMFW in CO.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I have AT&T and Will has Verizon (work phone) and I usually have a better signal than him.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
paid 350.00 to get out of at&t and went to verizon. Verizon has the coverage and the service that att sorely lacks.

Users who are viewing this thread