As usual, Cobra Brakes Stink! What do I do??

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Very nice!

Even if the performance isn't noticeable I can think of 3 things the Eradispeed rotors DO do (no not doo-doo, do do :)):

1) Bling!
2) Lifetime Warpage Warranty
3) Don't rust

These alone I think will justify the cost, considering stock replacements are like $120 each (?), and turning the rotors is like $20-$30.

At my rate, I'd burn through $200 worth of turning easy within the first 100,000 miles, plus a new set of rotors at 50K.

I think I am going to go with the Eradispeed rotors, at least in the front.

So, now back to the rears. Any suggestions, other than pads? Any stainless rotors that are a little less expensive than the Baer's? I would just love to be rid of the nasty brake dust. I pile on the dust every day, especially on my dress pants :nonono:. And it looks totally cruddy on silver. Usually I just skip the washing; it's almost pointless.

One thing's for sure. I could care less about brake squeal, so long as the dust is reduced, the rust is gone, and the car stops without shimmying my teeth loose. :thumbsup:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I hate the brake dust also. Was hoping Quiet Stop by raybestos would be out soon. They have been great on my others, WITHOUT the squeel. I cant handle all that noise.

I just use the car for shows and drivesme nuts to clean the wheels completly by the time I get there they look like I never clean them in the rear. Front hardly any dust.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
I hate the brake dust also. Was hoping Quiet Stop by raybestos would be out soon. They have been great on my others, WITHOUT the squeel. I cant handle all that noise.

I just use the car for shows and drivesme nuts to clean the wheels completly by the time I get there they look like I never clean them in the rear. Front hardly any dust.

Mine are WORSE up front. It's downright fugly. Hmm.. maybe I should get my brakes checked for proper proportioning.... any thoughts?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Well normally I hear EVERYONE says the rear are terrible maybe with those warped rotors you have a caliper hanging up. I dont hear of the warping at all. Check to see how the wear to the pads are if there even? inside to outside then side to side.

I'm so easy on my car to and from the car shows I dont get on the breaks cause of the cleaning right after the shows or at the shows

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Well normally I hear EVERYONE says the rear are terrible maybe with those warped rotors you have a caliper hanging up. I dont hear of the warping at all. Check to see how the wear to the pads are if there even? inside to outside then side to side.

I'm so easy on my car to and from the car shows I dont get on the breaks cause of the cleaning right after the shows or at the shows

Visual inspection showed even wear up front, although worn down much more than the rears. Nice and even grooves on the rotors too. There is a hint of glazing up front. I don't ride my brakes though. :shrug:

sir-blah

Established Member
I put these on a long time ago, back in Feb. Baer rotors. Only thing is, you have to make sure to do a little break in process. I am very hard on breaks. Stopping distance, though we weren't that scientific with the test, was about 10 foot better. Once we slammed on the breaks a few times in a row from "80 or so" it was like night and day . Next week I am putting in braided lines.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
What kind of driving do you do whats your normal trip?

3-5 Days a week. 84 miles round trip. Stop-go-stop-go. Slam on the brakes. Go up to 65, then stop. Up to 50, then stop. It's not uncommon to have to jam on the brakes at least a dozen times a week, especially at intersections. Normal posted speeds on surface streets is 40-45 MPH.

We have one of the worst traffic problems here in Phoenix.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
well that explains why your front is worse than everyones rear.

AS you know no ones will last real long. Those vented ones I showed you I think would be good. Check out Tire rack and the green stuff pads for the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread