ARP wheel studs

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Old thread bump. have a few questions, I would like to remove my after market studs (not sure whos make) since they are longer then stock. What replacement part should I purchase for OEM or similar, also how do i remove them and install new ones? Do i need to press them out or can they be hammered out?

Dreday1

Established Member
By the way im thinking about doing this mod I bought the Morso studs do you have too remove the axles at all too do this mod!

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
A sledge will remove stock studs. Just make sure u can swing straight
I contacted maximum motorsports for the correct studs. And can't remember right now which ones
I used a corded impact with a bunch of 1/2 inch washers, and a 1/2 nut, removed washers and change nuts as needed. I greased every washer in between. Basically your sucking in your studs, with the impact. A deep impact socket should be enough, if not remove washers.
I change washers, and nuts and greased as needed. You got 10 studs to do. Washers will bend, and the grease with be squeezed out.
My last 2 studs actually where a bit crooked, but still able to fit my spacers and wheels.
Get a shit load of washers.
I would recommend arp, this is one job you don't want to do again.
If you look at the treads, on these bolts they are forced in. Wouldn't recommend changing them more then once.
I did cut mine so they can fit closed lugs, use a cutting disc, and cut straight
Use a 1/2 inch nut to clean up threads, before using your closed lugs
That way you can recut without ruining your lugs.
Good luck

LWniesz

Established Member
I looked up the part number for the 7723 and it says it fits mustangs 05-14 not the 03-04 irs

+1. I found the same thing and am now confused, but a previous post makes sense about the hole in the hub compare to the size of the 7703 vs 7723. I think i am going to go with the 7723.

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
Lol yea ima bout to pull the trigger and then its like hold on ive researched this and people vouch for either one lol

ripnesscobra

Established Member
I went with the ARP 100-7723 wheel studs over the ARP 100-7703 wheel studs for the following three reasons:

1) The 100-7723 studs have a 0.614" knurl size which doesn't require drilling of the hub, where as the 0.625" knurl size of the 100-7703 studs would. To make the install of the 100-7723 studs easy, I froze the studs overnight and they pulled in without any issues.

2) The 100-7723 studs are 3.115" long which provides more than enough thread length, where as the 100-7703 studs are way too long (in my opinion) at 3.5".

3) The 100-7723 studs have the rotor shoulder like the stock wheel stud, which the 100-7703 studs don't have.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread