ARP wheel studs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
I’ve never searched anything that has responses so across the board, as wheel studs. Some say the 7703 studs went in without a hitch. Others adamantly say they won’t. There also appears to be differences in the stud – some have shoulders for the rotors, and some don’t.
Has anyone had success with the 7703, WITHOUT drilling?
P1010697.jpg

ScottySVT

Established Member
i just installed longer studs on the rear of my car with no problem. I just put the car in gear, and used a pry bar to keep the hub from spinning and just used a deepwell socket with the lugnuts and the popped right in with a little elbow grease.

hope this helps

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
The ARP 7703 wheel studs do work on 03-04 cobra irs. I install them on my car which has a 03-04 irs in it. I will tell you a few tricks to make it alot easier to install them. First freeze the wheel studs and when you take out the old stud clean out the hole I did it with a piece of sand paper and lubricate the hole with wd40 or oil. I did this and install them by hand with a rachet and they when in easy.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
I ended up buying the MM 8SWR ARP studs. They looked nearly identical to the 7703's. I didn't measure the knurl for comparison, but the specs are .620/.625 for 8SWR/7703.

For installation, I froze them overnight, slopped a ton of antiseize on the thread/knurl, used a Kastar 755 stud installer, and a 1/2" impact wrench. They pulled in fine. I would highly recommend using an impact wrench with a preferably large air compressor (mine is small and had to continually wait). I didn't try stuffing in a 7703, but I suspect it would have gone in.

This is a mod that I don't regret doing at all....but when it comes time for new front bearings/hub, I'll just have a machine shop press in new studs.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I actually had to grind a flat on one side of the shoulder of each stud for added clearance on the back side of the hubs because there seemed to be a slight interference with the raised area on the back side. I also cut them down to 2 3/4" so that I wouldn't need to use open ended lug nuts with my setup.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
You have to have the hub at a certin spot to get the studs in, if not you'll have issues trying to install them. You'll also need opended lug nuts. Dont use the regular acorn nuts or they will mess up the taper on your wheels.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I cut my arp studs so i could run closed lugs, and yes they are a bitch to cut. i actually flatten a bandsaw blade, and ended up using a grinder. Those arps are no joke. Ordered my lugs from summit, deeper lug nuts with more threads, but i am also running 1/2 inch spacers too. Measure and cut, just get a couple 1/2 nuts to clean the threads, so you dont ruin your lugs.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
No, no and no unless you want to ruin the hub.

Get ARP 100-7723, not 7703 or get the Moroso 46180. I suppose you can freeze the crap out of them and get them in there, but the material has to go somewhere. You will mushroom the hub with the 7703 which is .010 too big.

This is what I found when I did the research and it's mentioned by someone else in a thread I made about this when I did it last summer.

Stock stud. 0.594"
100-7723 0.615"
Moroso 46180 0.615"
100-7703 0.625"

New hub is about $150 btw when you ruin it by installing studs that are too big for the hole.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ons-211/727966-wheel-studs-moroso-vs-arp.html

Last edited:

hyelife2

Established Member
No, no and no unless you want to ruin the hub.

Get ARP 100-7723, not 7703 or get the Moroso 46180. I suppose you can freeze the crap out of them and get them in there, but the material has to go somewhere. You will mushroom the hub with the 7703 which is .010 too big.

This is what I found when I did the research and it's mentioned by someone else in a thread I made about this when I did it last summer.

Stock stud. 0.594"
100-7723 0.615"
Moroso 46180 0.615"
100-7703 0.625"

New hub is about $150 btw when you ruin it by installing studs that are too big for the hole.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ons-211/727966-wheel-studs-moroso-vs-arp.html

Awesome info.
Anyone else know how to run these with closed studs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread