**** Around >>> Find Out

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I dont get it lol
We had a few marines on talil when i was and those assholes found a viper on tha tarmac...those asshole came and got me to ID the damn thing as they were playing with it lol...lucky is was cold and he was lookin for some heat...because he could barely move

I was like...boys thats a ****in viper!!! There is no crofab here...leave it alone...no you cant keep it for the scoprion fights tomorrow...asshole cheating bastards

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I dont get it lol
We had a few marines on talil when i was and those assholes found a viper on tha tarmac...those asshole came and got me to ID the damn thing as they were playing with it lol...lucky is was cold and he was lookin for some heat...because he could barely move

I was like...boys thats a ****in viper!!! There is no crofab here...leave it alone...no you cant keep it for the scoprion fights tomorrow...asshole cheating bastards

I was surprised I didn't see any Vipers at the JWTC in Oki as it was supposed to be their season where they come out in mass, but I know the instructors do their best to clear them out as much as possible. I did have a Coral snake pass in front of me on a trail where by the time I noticed him it was just his mid-section and tail slithering off into the bushes to my right. They told us if we got bit by a Coral snake there would be nothing they could do except give you a call home before you die. They said the same thing about the Cobras too as they played with them in front of us haha

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

I learned how to do front flips off our trampoline when I was young and could land them easily. I never did back flips because back flips never give you as much forward launch, but I knew that, and knew I would have to launch myself outward more if I was going to do it. The one and only time I did it I landed perfectly on my feet but was less than a foot away from the bars of the trampoline. I've never attempted to do a backflip off anything again aside from a rope swing.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I learned how to do front flips off our trampoline when I was young and could land them easily. I never did back flips because back flips never give you as much forward launch, but I knew that, and knew I would have to launch myself outward more if I was going to do it. The one and only time I did it I landed perfectly on my feet but was less than a foot away from the bars of the trampoline. I've never attempted to do a backflip off anything again aside from a rope swing.

you are describing two things… there is back flips and gainers…. gainer is a back flip with forward momentum.

gainer is a bit more difficult than a standard backflip…

crazy how it was easy to do flips back im the day…. Then you get old, degenerate and it just kinda stops one day.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
you are describing two things… there is back flips and gainers…. gainer is a back flip with forward momentum.

crazy how it was easy to do flips back im the day…. Then you get old, degenerate and it just kinda stops one day.

You're right, I forgot about that. I meant just trying to do a basic backflip going backwards with backwards momentum. You don't get the same momentum that you do doing when jumping forward into a front flip. I could do a gainer staying on the trampoline, but I'm talking about standing with the your back facing the outside of trampoline and trying to back flip off and onto the ground. When I tried that I couldn't get the backwards momentum far enough and ended up close. I think doing a gainer off the trampoline would be easier but I don't think I ever tried that when we lived on the water. I used to put the trampoline on the dock and practice those tricks.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

Ive been trying to land a gainer off my in-laws diving board for years. Its only a ~2’ high board without a lot of spring.

I’ve gotten around far enough to land on my shins. I’m not getting any younger.

Personally, I like getting about 8-10 beers in and just throwing myself off the board in any spin/flip combination with zero intent of landing it. My wife is proud…

JimCSHO

Established Member
I stopped doing back dives in college. We were working out at the pool and coach said, "some of you aren't getting out far enough on your back dives". Turns out he was talking to me but didn't want to point me out of the group. Next dive, hit my head on the side of the pool and fell into the water. One of my friends on the other side of the pool said he had turned just at that moment and to this day he can hear the sound of me hitting.

When I hit the water I had the sense to turn my head so I didn't break my nose when my head bounced off the water into the side of the pool - just gave myself a nice black eye. As I drifted down I kept thinking, "don't pass out". Then looked for the racing lines so I could figure out which way was up and as I started up I saw two people diving in on either side to help me out. I was talking to the coach telling him I was fine and then heard "oh my god, look at the blood" and felt something run down my back - told coach "you know what, maybe I'm not fine" and started to drop.

Ever since I can't do a back dive.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive been trying to land a gainer off my in-laws diving board for years. Its only a ~2’ high board without a lot of spring.

I’ve gotten around far enough to land on my shins. I’m not getting any younger.

Personally, I like getting about 8-10 beers in and just throwing myself off the board in any spin/flip combination with zero intent of landing it. My wife is proud…

Ha! About the only flip I can still land (confidently) in a pool, is the misty flip….

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I stopped doing back dives in college. We were working out at the pool and coach said, "some of you aren't getting out far enough on your back dives". Turns out he was talking to me but didn't want to point me out of the group. Next dive, hit my head on the side of the pool and fell into the water. One of my friends on the other side of the pool said he had turned just at that moment and to this day he can hear the sound of me hitting.

When I hit the water I had the sense to turn my head so I didn't break my nose when my head bounced off the water into the side of the pool - just gave myself a nice black eye. As I drifted down I kept thinking, "don't pass out". Then looked for the racing lines so I could figure out which way was up and as I started up I saw two people diving in on either side to help me out. I was talking to the coach telling him I was fine and then heard "oh my god, look at the blood" and felt something run down my back - told coach "you know what, maybe I'm not fine" and started to drop.

Ever since I can't do a back dive.

damn…. i met a really great looking girl down in S FL…. At an island during a boat gtg…. Learned that a few weeks later, she paralyzed herself after jumping into a pool….

Users who are viewing this thread