Armed citizen stops mass shooter at Indiana mall

JimCSHO

Established Member
Not 100% sure on the laws in Indiana, but in my state a private business just putting a sign up that says 'no guns' does not make it illegal for a permit holder to carry a gun into those buildings. If they catch wind that you have a gun they can choose to trespass you and then you can't return by law. A lot of people don't understand that. They think the sign is magically a law that blocks guns from entering. Morons.

But then again, if you are concealing properly no one would ever know anyway so it would be hard to trespass you.
That varies by state. In Michigan, the sign is a "suggestion" just like you said for your state. In North Carolina, the sign had the force of law and if caught carrying you lose your permit.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Not 100% sure on the laws in Indiana, but in my state a private business just putting a sign up that says 'no guns' does not make it illegal for a permit holder to carry a gun into those buildings. If they catch wind that you have a gun they can choose to trespass you and then you can't return by law. A lot of people don't understand that. They think the sign is magically a law that blocks guns from entering. Morons.

But then again, if you are concealing properly no one would ever know anyway so it would be hard to trespass you.

Same here in Washington. Your "gun free zone" signs mean shit to me. I'm carrying whether you like it or not and if you catch me and ask me to leave then I will leave, but carrying concealed no one is going to know. I print like a mofo if I'm just wearing a shirt and usually try to conceal better but sometimes I just don't care. Most people have no idea what is under your shirt and the ones that do usually ask what you're carrying.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Here in Fl the signs have no legal standing. If the owner of the business somehow sees you’re carrying they can tell you to leave.Then you have to leave.
Pretty simple to me.
I never worry about it, most people aren’t paying attention anyway

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
It would be even better if Democrats stopped trying to take away our second amendment. If you vote Democrat you're guilty.
I wasn't aware that a Democrat never voted for a pro 2a item.

With that said, I personally haven't looked at every judge, prosecutor etc in the country to verify this. I do see when a felon get arrested with a firearm, my local "red" parish (read as county) citizens here in southern Louisiana praise the arrest even before the trail.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Same here in Washington. Your "gun free zone" signs mean shit to me. I'm carrying whether you like it or not and if you catch me and ask me to leave then I will leave, but carrying concealed no one is going to know. I print like a mofo if I'm just wearing a shirt and usually try to conceal better but sometimes I just don't care. Most people have no idea what is under your shirt and the ones that do usually ask what you're carrying.

Precisely. If I'm outside my home, I'm carrying. I don't worry much about printing unless I happen to be wearing a shirt that has shrunk. Perks of appendix carrying a compact.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I wasn't aware that a Democrat never voted for a pro 2a item.

With that said, I personally haven't looked at every judge, prosecutor etc in the country to verify this. I do see when a felon get arrested with a firearm, my local "red" parish (read as county) citizens here in southern Louisiana praise the arrest even before the trail.
Felons can carry guns in Louisiana?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

what do you carry that prints like a mofo?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
what do you carry that prints like a mofo?

M&P9 4.25in with a mag extension that allows 23rnds. I carry it on an IWB holster but the mag extension sticks out quite a bit and pretty much shows the outline of the grip if I'm wearing a shirt. I can easily conceal it with a coat and mostly cover it with a sweatshirt.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
M&P9 4.25in with a mag extension that allows 23rnds. I carry it on an IWB holster but the mag extension sticks out quite a bit and pretty much shows the outline of the grip if I'm wearing a shirt. I can easily conceal it with a coat and mostly cover it with a sweatshirt.
23 rounder?!?! damn son! No wonder. Ready for WW3!

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
23 rounder?!?! damn son! No wonder. Ready for WW3!

I don't normally carry spare mags on me so I got to make sure I have enough on hand haha. I always advocate for carrying as many rounds as feasibly possible in the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread