Armando Galarraga gets a Corvette by GM for "near" perfect game

Moreboost88

Established Member
Looks like he is going to enjoy that Grand Sport Convertible!!

20100603132839_2010-0603-jg-DetClev.jpg

20100604093744_2010-0603-jg-DetClev.jpg

20100604094041_2010-0603-jg-DetClev.jpg

20100603133147_2010-0603-jg-DetClev.jpg

20100604093640_2010-0603-jg-DetClev.jpg

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
lol, this guys making out pretty well for someone who got screwed

Beezy

Established Member
He's making out I'd say for good reason. First of all, it would have been the biggest moment of his career. I mean, Verlander threw one no hitter, and hasn't really gotten close to throwing another one since, which they are rare, let alone a perfect game. And he is marginally better than Galarraga. Also, I don't think he'll get the chance again. Also, it was clearly a missed call, and it was also SO close to the end of the game. Literally, you can't get any closer. And even though the biggest moment of his career was taken away by a terrible call, he still smiled, forgave the guy, and from what he shows, has little to no hard feelings against Jim Joyce. After Leyland had his words on the field, he forgave Jim as well. Jim Joyce even got more applause then boos when his name was announced for yesterday's game. It just goes to show that class is a very important thing.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
usually telling stories later on in life about something that ALMOST happened, end up as meh... galarraga's might actually be nice to listen to... lol!

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
I doubt if I could conduct myself with as much class as he did under this circumstance.

stangposse

Established Member
He's making out I'd say for good reason. First of all, it would have been the biggest moment of his career. I mean, Verlander threw one no hitter, and hasn't really gotten close to throwing another one since, which they are rare, let alone a perfect game. And he is marginally better than Galarraga. Also, I don't think he'll get the chance again. Also, it was clearly a missed call, and it was also SO close to the end of the game. Literally, you can't get any closer. And even though the biggest moment of his career was taken away by a terrible call, he still smiled, forgave the guy, and from what he shows, has little to no hard feelings against Jim Joyce. After Leyland had his words on the field, he forgave Jim as well. Jim Joyce even got more applause then boos when his name was announced for yesterday's game. It just goes to show that class is a very important thing.

I agree, but I would say Verlander is a little more than "marginally" better than Gallaraga when you compare the two careers so far.

obZidian

Established Member
Saw the interview with the ump and yeah, he was truly sorry and worked up about the whole deal. He acknowledged his mistake and at the end of the day, that is what matters.

Honestly, that was a perfect game, but instead of another line on your career resume he got a corvette, not bad!

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
i think he's making out damn well. because he knows it was a perfect game. whether or not its recognized by the record books or anyone else. But his family, and he knows that it was a perfect game. so thats all thats really matters + gets a vette. but i'm sure we'll end up finding out it's a leased deal or something and not his to keep. some other shit.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
How he dealed with the issue was probably why he got it. He's going to be remember for throwing a perfect game, getting screwed & smiling at the ref, instead of crying or going off about it. CLASS!!!! He has that & talent, rare combo. :) It's a classy vette, not my color, but it wouldn't matter, no complaints. :)

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Was this part of Obama's plan to get GM back on it's feet? Giving away free cars to people with more than enough money to buy one on their own?

I feel bad that the guy got his greatest achievement stripped away, but why does he need a Vette given to him? :shrug:

I also admit he's got plenty of class for handling that the way he did. I yelled more than that at ref's during our HS soccer games for a mere missed foul, and this guy blew one of the toughest achievements in baseball.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I doubt if I could conduct myself with as much class as he did under this circumstance.

I have to agree. Both the pitcher and the ref had a lot of class after the bad call. And that is the real story here. At least to me. Congrats to Armando for getting that Vette. ;-)

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
No ZR1???

Obama is cheap! :lol1:

Congrats to AG, and prop's to the ref for setting the record straight.

E

Users who are viewing this thread