Armageddon TT 5.0 vs. Supercharged & Nitrous Corvette C6

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Friendly street race between my 2014 TT 5.0 and a friends C6 Vette. It was a nail biter for sure.

Race #1 - TT 5.0 with air filters, 30-180 mph
Race #2 - TT 5.0 car with Turbo Guard mesh screens, 30-160+ (I let off early, got chicken of the curve rapidly approaching)

Armageddon TT 5.0 @ 8 PSI, stock engine, Cat delete Lethal H pipe, 6R80 auto w/ Circle D converter

C6 LS2 6.0 Corvette, Blower Cam, Magnuson MP112 supercharger @ 9 PSI, 100 shot nitrous, LT headers with X pipe, 6 speed manual

Camera on Vette (right lane). TT 5.0 in left lane. Camera has lens looking forward and behind, creating a split screen.

[youtube_browser]UmLbGiLtZhA[/youtube_browser]

Friend's son using Cell camera from behind (race #1) in 2013 5.0 with exhaust and tune. 2013 GTR gets a bonus kill.

[youtube_browser]6zoIae1YpAI[/youtube_browser]

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Damn Troy, your 5.0 is a beast! taking down a c6 thats on a blower/cammed/nitrous, GJ!!!

BTW, I signed up for 5 years of Amsoil membership. Hopefully I can get advice from you regarding my next car.:D

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I'm always here for advice, the twin turbo build is allowing me to decide what's the best lubricant for the Coyote with turbos. Wouldn't say I took it down, was happy just to tie his car. His car is fast.

Holy shit Troy. Were you on your drag wheels or your pilots? That was awesome btw.

MPSS with Forgestar wheels on the front and SVE 15x10 drag wheels with 275/50/15 MT ET Street Radials in the rear. Tires on concrete kick ass!

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
I'm always here for advice, the twin turbo build is allowing me to decide what's the best lubricant for the Coyote with turbos.

MPSS with Forgestar wheels on the front and SVE 15x10 drag wheels with 275/50/15 MT ET Street Radials in the rear. Tires on concrete kick ass!

How much hp does the c6 put down? 600whp?

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
So Troy you still like the RD30 for Turbos/Turbo? I've forget what Rich Groh told us to run in the first few miles but its just a cheap break in oil to get any trash out before i throw in the RD30

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I can't watch the vid at work, but you guys are crazy racing to that high of a speed.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
So Troy you still like the RD30 for Turbos/Turbo? I've forget what Rich Groh told us to run in the first few miles but its just a cheap break in oil to get any trash out before i throw in the RD30

I'm going to experiment with different formulations to see which works best in the car. RD30 is good hot, but I'm curious about cold start up. The car has low rpm ticking with the turbo kit that disappears with some rpm. This goes away when the oil gets hot. Will be experimenting with different formulations to see if it's viscosity related or another defect. Stay tuned.

I can't watch the vid at work, but you guys are crazy racing to that high of a speed.

Where we were it was no problem, and with the money I put into my suspension, the car was stable, straight, and true. Likely attending the 1/2 mile event in North Georgia this May. Having confidence in the build is plus.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Badass vid!!! Your poor friend must feel crappy right about now knowing that all you have to do is turn up the boost controller a few more psi and the outcome of that race changes drastically!

Car runs HARD for keeping up with a blown and squeezed c6! wow very nice

GT915

Established Member
Where we were it was no problem, and with the money I put into my suspension, the car was stable, straight, and true. Likely attending the 1/2 mile event in North Georgia this May. Having confidence in the build is plus.[/QUOTE]

I've no doubt your car will be fine...I'd be paranoid about trying to explain why I was racing at 180 on a public road to the cops. I doubt that would end well. You should definately hit the half mile shootout in clayton. I did the one in Ocala last weekend and it was an awesome thing to be a part of. Those guys there are serious business and your car would fit right in.

Dave_6

Established Member
Good stuff! Your car is a beast! Too bad I don't live a little closer as I'd love to check it out in person.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Badass vid!!! Your poor friend must feel crappy right about now knowing that all you have to do is turn up the boost controller a few more psi and the outcome of that race changes drastically!

Car runs HARD for keeping up with a blown and squeezed c6! wow very nice

Thank you sir. I plan to add oval exhaust cuts to help make a little more power, and I could add a bit more boost with race gas for safety. However, my friend and I agree about keeping things on the safe side, as he could increase his nitrous shot. The bottom end of his engine is stock also.

Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg

I've no doubt your car will be fine...I'd be paranoid about trying to explain why I was racing at 180 on a public road to the cops. I doubt that would end well. You should definately hit the half mile shootout in clayton. I did the one in Ocala last weekend and it was an awesome thing to be a part of. Those guys there are serious business and your car would fit right in.

Where we go, it's a raised highway 3-4 lanes wide (long bridge over land), concrete barriers on both sides. The exits are perfectly distanced apart with enough room to run fast as you can, get off, turn around, get on again, lather rinse repeat. Cops have nowhere to sit up there undetected. The road is concrete, traction is abundant, excellent lighting too. Another bonus, traffic is non-existent late at night. This will become the only place I ever run my car like this.

PM/Text me about this Saturday night, you should join us.

Good stuff! Your car is a beast! Too bad I don't live a little closer as I'd love to check it out in person.

We are planning a trip to Montgomery Motorsports Park in the spring. Want to get my first 9 second 1/4 mile slip.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread