Arm vs Airbag.. guess who won...

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member
Wife was driving in the main road (green altima) when this chick didn't yield, she had a stop sign... however her phone was more important than looking for cars coming and drove in front of my wife's car.:shrug:

20130328_131409_zps78a05f8d.jpg

20130328_131543_zpsc7de56d6.jpg

CAR IS TOTALED, NO CUZ THE DAMAGE BUT IT'S GOT A LOT OF MILES :cuss:

20130328_132544_zpsf66a66a6.jpg

The wife tried to evade the other car while honking, but she had no time or space so she t-boned it, her arm was still on the steering wheel when the airbags deployed... After we got the x-rays, it looks like she high-fived the Hulk. :eek:

Don't text while driving!!!

20130328_143704_zps0f881605.jpg

Luckily she was just going arount 35mph or could've been worse, anyway she had to get surgery obvioulsy..., they had to re-attach the bones with metal plates and screws, wife is fine but in pain and pissed :mj: about the fact that she lost her car.... so will be car shopping soon, I was thinking of the new focus any suggestions??? :rolling:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Was she honking when the bag deployed? I remember at uti, we set off some air bags outside of the cars on concrete. When they went off, they flew a good 25-30' into the air.

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member
The other girl walked away, we think if it wasn't for the airbag she would've walked away also

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Prayers for y'all. As for a new car, I'd be shopping for whatever the other girl can afford to pay for. ;-)

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Ugh, been down that road many of times with x-rays I know the feeling and wait till Monday when it really hurts. Hope everyone is alright, man.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That sucks. I hope your wife feels better quickly. Hopefully the other driver was cited for texting. You should be able to get well over $50,000 as a settlement from the other driver's insurance. Don't be afraid to shop around for a good attorney. Don't be in a hurry to settle.

SID Esq.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
In my professional opinion I'm gonna say its broken.
Whoa there buddy, we still need to do a MRI,CAT scan and ultrasound. There's insurance money left in them there hills.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
That is a tough break for sure as a mx rider have know that feeling several times hope for a speedy recovery!

Poppacapp

Established Member
Get plenty of insurance money from other driver. dont sign anything etc. get an attorney if you are not good at record keeping. Dont settle until ALL treatment is finished, including any physical therapy.

Alfie

Established Member
Was she honking when the bag deployed? I remember at uti, we set off some air bags outside of the cars on concrete. When they went off, they flew a good 25-30' into the air.

Haha I remember that. But I think it was more than 30 feet tho. And loud as heck. Good oh UTI

Sucks. I hope she has a fast recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UncleDan

Established Member
Ouch! I had a similar break in my left arm (not from an airbag) and it compounded. The breaks were more jagged. It really sucked. Hope she recovers quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread