ARH Longtubes Ordered! - 700 Club here I come!

greenflash00

Established Member
Finally broke down and ordered some ARH longtubes and am planning another dyno tune at the first part of November. My last run on e85 was 687rwhp which was teasingly close to the 700 mark. :mj:

I was making 20.5psi on my 2.8 pulley so I know my exhaust setup sucks :lol: I'll also be adding a 4 lb lower this time to the mix and plan to run about 19# for pump with a 3.2 pulley and 22# for corn on the 3.0.

My goal is to duplicate boost numbers as close I can to last time to see the true gains from the headers. It will be same tuner and dyno. Stay tuned, sirs. :thumbsup:

greenflash00

Established Member
1 3/4 primaries or 1 7/8 primaries?

Decided on the 1 3/4 primaries with 3'' collector and 3'' x pipe. I'll be using my SLP LM2 catback which is 2.5'' for now and getting rid of the Mac mufflers I had in place. (even though I love the sound). I think they are costing me some power at my boost level.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Why did you decide on the 1 3/4? Im not an expert on this but i would think at your power level you would want as big of a primary as possible on there.

greenflash00

Established Member
Why did you decide on the 1 3/4? Im not an expert on this but i would think at your power level you would want as big of a primary as possible on there.

Believe me I went back and forth on it for a long time but I finally decided on those because I found an article from a few years back comparing the two primary sizes in a back to back test. Long story short the larger primary made slightly more hp but a bit less low end tq. Being as I don't really race the car at all I figured this would be a good all around size on the street. Not to mention there are numerous TVS guys on here making mid 700's on smaller primary headers. Excited to see where I land. :beer:

ctgreddy

Established Member
sweet man, cant wait to see what you make, very interested to see what you gain with a similar boost number.

Cabbage

Established Member
If you can make 687 on stock manifolds I think the ARH will help a lot. Lol. I have 1 3/4" ARH and a 3" off road X pipe on my car now. Plus they fit a bit better than 1 7/8. I did mine myself in my garage and there's a bolt on the passenger side that I have no idea how you'd get to it if you had a bigger primary tube.
You'll love them my favourite mod on my car so far.

Users who are viewing this thread