ARH 1 7/8" LT's: Problem with upstream sensors too close to body

wenger828

Established Member
I have a problem with my ARH 1 7/8" headers. The upstream o2 sensors, where the bungs were welded, place the sensors wayyyy too close to the body. while i was doing the work, i tried to bang out the area of interference as best as i could and it did clearance it a smidge more but the passenger side especially, the wire is pretty much touching the heat shielding. have any of you encountered this issue and what did you do to rectify it? i remember reading somewhere, someone manipulated the engine mounts somehow to get them to clear but i really don't understand how that would work. here are the pics.

driver side
S35gtOR.jpg

p/s side
iGWOz8p.jpg

MattR

Established Member
Mine don't look like that at all, ARH is a great company and I'm sure will take care of you. Send them the pics.

kw_rc

Established Member
same here...don't have that issue either. i think you should contact ARH.

TVS VERT

Established Member
Plug that bung and have an exhaust shop weld another one in....even if arh says they screwed up do you really wanna haul that header off again and install another .....thats what I would do if it were me.....then send arh the tab if they are a stand up company they will take care of the costs...but with that being said the costs of these bad boys they should be perfect which isn't the case

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Plug that bung and have an exhaust shop weld another one in....even if arh says they screwed up do you really wanna haul that header off again and install another .....thats what I would do if it were me.....then send arh the tab if they are a stand up company they will take care of the costs...but with that being said the costs of these bad boys they should be perfect which isn't the case
Absolutely. Send them pix first. Should be just a touch higher than 90* so they have less tendency to get wet.

But yeah that's screwed up.

SteveDoten@ARH

Established Member
Absolutely. Send them pix first. Should be just a touch higher than 90* so they have less tendency to get wet.

But yeah that's screwed up.

Exactly,

We had a very small number slip through the cracks this past April, the were moved up about 1/4" to high on the outer radius in this case.

Thank You for bringing this to our attention.

OP'er, Please contact us so we can make this right.

Users who are viewing this thread