Are you guys ready? I dont think you're ready.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
The spurs were the favorites by a wide margin before the finals began for a reason. Stats don't lie . Wade played like shit, chalmers and cole have disappeared and bosh only avg 10 PTs the last two games doesn't help either .

so now having the best roster in the league isn't good enough for lebron. got it.

and i didnt follow the lines, but i dont recall the spurs being a huge favorite.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
i love the excuses flying now. when they win, its all lebron, when they lose, its the rest of the team. apparently now his ankle is 'bothering' him. now i'm hearing people saying the team around him isn't good enough? is that a joke?

*COUGH brady COUGH patriots

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
so now having the best roster in the league isn't good enough for lebron. got it.

and i didnt follow the lines, but i dont recall the spurs being a huge favorite.

Best roster? Lol

You might want to look at the other team, sport.

LB has been the only consistent player all series.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Best roster? Lol

You might want to look at the other team, sport.

LB has been the only consistent player all series.

but i'm not talking about the other team. i recognize how good the spurs are. but all the bball cronies in the media tell us miami has the best roster. at least, they were up until miami got down in the series.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
but i'm not talking about the other team. i recognize how good the spurs are. but all the bball cronies in the media tell us miami has the best roster. at least, they were up until miami got down in the series.

A lot of media people picked the spurs. Just because you have LB you don't automatically win the title. When others don't step up you get what you're getting right now.

Just look at game one when LB left, they faltered. If that was the case (saying they were the better roster )they should have won that game .

And I picked the Heat lol.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member

Most media people I have heard stated before the series that the Heat were not as good as last year and are one of the oldest teams in the league. Most former coaches, GM's etc... On ESPN picked the spurs and added the Heat roster is not very strong right now. 2 big additions in Beasley and Oden don't even play. Spoelstra locks into a lineup or rotation and doesn't deviate. He was blasted about Beasley not playing and had no answer. They need offense. No one else is playing D so his lack of knowing the heat system should not matter now.

Chalmers, Battier and Anderson have given them nothing. The last 2 years Chalmers had a 25 point close out game against OKC, Mike Miller was huge and Battier hit 6 3's in a finals game last year. Their bench has been pathetic and Wade is slowing down sooner than expected. Lebron took over in the 3rd scoring 19 and they still did not close the gap. Wade is avg 16ppg and was like 2-12 last night and looked old and slow. Him and Ray Allen are getting worked on d right now.

His teammates have a combined PER of 10.5 this series, lowest in any of HIS finals and in any series with the Heat. Lebron is second all time in the playoffs at 26.x less than a point behind Jordan.

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Most media people I have heard stated before the series that the Heat were not as good as last year and are one of the oldest teams in the league. Most former coaches, GM's etc... On ESPN picked the spurs and added the Heat roster is not very strong right now. 2 big additions in Beasley and Oden don't even play. Spoelstra locks into a lineup or rotation and doesn't deviate. He was blasted about Beasley not playing and had no answer. They need offense. No one else is playing D so his lack of knowing the heat system should not matter now.

Chalmers, Battier and Anderson have given them nothing. The last 2 years Chalmers had a 25 point close out game against OKC, Mike Miller was huge and Battier hit 6 3's in a finals game last year. Their bench has been pathetic and Wade is slowing down sooner than expected. Lebron took over in the 3rd scoring 19 and they still did not close the gap. Wade is avg 16ppg and was like 2-12 last night and looked old and slow. Him and Ray Allen are getting worked on d right now.

His teammates have a combined PER of 10.5 this series, lowest in any of HIS finals and in any series with the Heat. Lebron is second all time in the playoffs at 26.x less than a point behind Jordan.

It still boggles my mind that Beasley hasn't played yet. I did watch when the reporter asked about him. Rashard Lewis has been decent too.

BTW, they're older than the Spurs lol

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The Spurs were SLIGHT favorites to win, in the beginning of the season, Heat were the favorites.

Miami having one of the oldest teams? A lot of key players are still in their prime and would be starters in other teams. Spurs big 3 vs Heat's big 3. Parker, the "youngest" of the Spurs star is as old as Wade who is the oldest star in Miami.

If people would tell you to pick players for a fantasy team between the Heat and Spurs roster, I bet most would take players from the Heat roster. At least before the finals started that is.

Coaching is the reason why the Spurs are doing sooo damn good, Spoelstra is not the right guy for Heat.

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
The Spurs were SLIGHT favorites to win, in the beginning of the season, Heat were the favorites.

Miami having one of the oldest teams? A lot of key players are still in their prime and would be starters in other teams. Spurs big 3 vs Heat's big 3. Parker, the "youngest" of the Spurs star is as old as Wade who is the oldest star in Miami.

If people would tell you to pick players for a fantasy team between the Heat and Spurs roster, I bet most would take players from the Heat roster. At least before the finals started that is.

Coaching is the reason why the Spurs are doing sooo damn good, Spoelstra is not the right guy for Heat.
Miami has the oldest roster in the league.
http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison

They have I believe 6 players over 34 and Wade is 32 and past his prime for sure.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Miami has the oldest roster in the league.
http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison

They have I believe 6 players over 34 and Wade is 32 and past his prime for sure.

Allen 38
Haslem 34
Battier 35
Anderson 35 and ineffective now
Lewis 34 and played 15 seasons
Jones 33
Wade 32

All past their prime. Wade is far from Flash now. More like Fizzle. Look at his highlights from just 2 years ago. He has lost most of his explosiveness which is too bad.

Bosh is 30 and Lebron will be 30 this year going into his 11th season

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member

Wade hasnt been the same for a long time. He missed 28 games this season, even you would agree that LB carried this team this year. Big reg proved my point in his two posts.

Well theres no comparison in the difference between the coaches. Spo not using Beasley all series has hurt this season. LB makes any coach better, just look at Mike Brown.

BTW I was talking about before the Finals not the season as far favorites go. Spurs were on a mission all season and its proving it in the Finals. No Spur avg over 30 mins this season.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread