Are We Completely Void of Gamers? No E3 Threads?

nate

Established Member
Yeah thats what I meant but wished they didnt roll out the whole gaming in 4k. They should’ve first worry about making a true 1080P console with high details playing in native 1080P @60 FPS or 1440P, etc and pushing that to devs instead. The console has the potential no doubt now but something tells me 4k is the main thing they’re aiming.

Just like with movies, shows, etc. You will NOT be able to tell a difference from 1080P to 4k if TV isnt bigger than 60 inch sitting from at least 6 feet away or less. Different than desktop gaming since you have the monitor right in front of your face. This is why I consider 4k a gimmick in 90% of setups.

I'd take today's graphics at 1080p/60 with insane physics and AI. Give me GTA V graphics with physics, ability to explore inside all the buildings, have actual destruction that the AI would fix with a "construction crew", etc. We've reached the point of diminishing returns. Make the games with more depth if you want to keep me engaged. $60 games that you can beat in 6 hours but look gorgeous aren't my cup of tea anymore. Imagine a GTA that you could buy a piece of land, build your own compound, have battles that affect the environment and city. But you can't just go around blowing stuff up or the mayor/citizens/police would make your life a living hell. With uhd blu ray discs, 8-12 gigs ram, these things should become the norm. I know if the next round of games are just pretty versions of what we have now, which are just prettier versions of the 360/ps3 days, I may be done with gaming. And I've had a system for every generation since the NES.

Troponin

Established Member
a little bland this year again in terms of new titles but Halo Wars 2, Skyrim remastered, Nuka World, Battlefeld 1 looked great. Mass Effect has potential.
Skyrim remastered. Freakin please. The game hasn't even been out all that long and they are already remastering it. You can get mods that make it look amazing. I am getting sick of all these companies making remastered games instead of them taking the time to come out with new games, especially new titles. The flow from their cash cow has dried up and instead of working hard on something new, they want to try to ride the wave some more. I am excited about FF15 though. I haven't been too impressed with several of the later ones and have lost interest. I was a big FF fan since the original came out on NES, but after 9, things kind of took a turn in a direction that didn't keep my interest. I'm liking how combat has evolved in to what 15 will be. Last two big games I have played recently were Dark Souls III and Dragon's Dogma. Just can't seem to find anything else right now that catches my eye

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Damn, all these comments and no mention of the new Zelda trailer?

That has me hyped more so than any of the hardware or VR announcements.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, all these comments and no mention of the new Zelda trailer?

That has me hyped more so than any of the hardware or VR announcements.

You want a comment?

It looked like crap considering how long it has been in development. Nintendo is a joke any more.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Not sure if I'm being trolled because there have been threads about the subject but I'll bite. No, the current XBO is not and won't be obsolete. Microsoft specifically came out and said the current XBO, the "S" model and the "Scorpio" will be compatible. All peripherals and games will work across the three consoles. Think of it as PC gaming. You can play all titles on different rigs. The resolution, frame rate and graphic quality will be hardware dependent, hence why they have performance sliders on PC games. The Microsoft consoles will work in the same manner except I think they will auto detect the hardware and use the proper settings for optimal gaming experience.

100% not being trolled. Thanks for the explanation, I will probably just stick with my xboxone for now, but its cool that they will be cross compatible.

Gravik

Established Member
Meh, I'm really only looking forward to the new COD so I can play MW2 remastered, and BF1.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
You want a comment?

It looked like crap considering how long it has been in development. Nintendo is a joke any more.

Ding ding ding

Ocarina of Time was way ahead of it's time.. Same with Twilight princess..

Now? Not so much

Zemedici

Established Member
That's why I havent been on the forum, watching E3 / MLG Anaheim (who woulda guessed Optic destroys the CoD Championship, and LOL at 100Thieves not winning a single match)

So Hype for Modern Warfare and Watch Dogs 2

Jaysin

Established Member
A buddy of mine showed me a trailer for the new God of War, genuinely pumped for that, it looked badass, one of my favorite series. Also showed me one for Days Gone I think is what it was called, it looked great too, so many zombies on screen at once. Looking forward to both, more so GoW

Users who are viewing this thread