Are We Completely Void of Gamers? No E3 Threads?

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Besides a thread for the Batman VR game, I haven't seen anything else regarding E3. Is nobody excited about the future of gaming? I, for one am. Seeing as I'm an XBO owner I'll mention Microsoft first. I think it is very exciting that they announced not only the "S" model, a smaller version of the current XBO which includes 4K BR and HDR capabilites starting at $299, but also the "Scorpio"! If speculation is correct, I can't wait to play 4K games on "Scorpio" a year and a few months from now. I think this is what the current gen of consoles should have been but that's a moot point now. Their game announcements weren't as exciting as their hardware. We got extended footage of Gears of War 4, ReCore and Sea of Thieves, games which they had already announced at last year's E3. I suppose at least we are closer to their release though. I am happy to hear we are getting a new Forza Horizon game which looked epic in my opinion. I've always been more of a circuit racing type gamer so I've only owned the non-Horizon Forzas, but for the first time a couple of weeks ago I played a Horizon title and I loved it. I've never been a Dead Rising fan but those that are I'm sure are happy to hear a new one is on it's way.
I was very impressed by Sony's conference. The games they showcased made my pants move! The new God of War looks to be fun, as they all have been. It looked so beautiful, for console standards, on Sony's current hardware. Horizon Zero Dawn, another beautiful title, is a game they announced last year but we got to see extended game play and what they showed rocked! The Resident Evil 7 demo seemed to confirm Capcom's intent on going back to that game's roots. Although the demo was short, the ambience it created certainly seemed to be a tribute to the Resident Evil games of old. I really hope the Spider-Man title they showed is good. It's time a studio came up with a Spidey game worth playing. I mean the last fun Spider Man game I played was Maximum Carnage for the SNES!! Days Gone is another game that peaked my interest. The amount of zombies drawn on screen was impressive and second only to the speed at which they moved! The demo they showed looked promising so let's keep our fingers crossed. Anyway I thought it was a pretty exciting E3 in both the hardware and software departments. What did you guys think?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Scorpio’s GPU is said to be equivalent that of a GTX 980… yeah good luck getting over 30FPS or steady 30FPS with good graphics in 4k. MS Rep’s are saying it will NOT boost graphics on games and you won’t really notice any graphical difference between between an X1 and Scorpion in 1080P….. PS4 Neo is rumoured to be the same, just help in FPS. Is nice but not $400~ nice for neither system.

Think of it like this. Scorpio in 4k will be the same as current X1 with 1080P games. Not so great now, is it? MS is pretty much shooting themselves in the foot again, Sony also going to the wrong path.

This point, upgrading a PC is looking a lot better. At least ill get to enjoy GOW 4.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Wait, whats going on? Whats E3? Did it make my Xboxone obsolete now?

Not sure if I'm being trolled because there have been threads about the subject but I'll bite. No, the current XBO is not and won't be obsolete. Microsoft specifically came out and said the current XBO, the "S" model and the "Scorpio" will be compatible. All peripherals and games will work across the three consoles. Think of it as PC gaming. You can play all titles on different rigs. The resolution, frame rate and graphic quality will be hardware dependent, hence why they have performance sliders on PC games. The Microsoft consoles will work in the same manner except I think they will auto detect the hardware and use the proper settings for optimal gaming experience.

Last edited:

nate

Established Member
Scorpio’s GPU is said to be equivalent that of a GTX 980… yeah good luck getting over 30FPS or steady 30FPS with good graphics in 4k. MS Rep’s are saying it will NOT boost graphics on games and you won’t really notice any graphical difference between between an X1 and Scorpion in 1080P….. PS4 Neo is rumoured to be the same, just help in FPS. Is nice but not $400~ nice for neither system.

Think of it like this. Scorpio in 4k will be the same as current X1 with 1080P games. Not so great now, is it? MS is pretty much shooting themselves in the foot again, Sony also going to the wrong path.

This point, upgrading a PC is looking a lot better. At least ill get to enjoy GOW 4.

That info isn't quite right. Apparently it was taken out of context. MS clarified that developers could do whatever they wanted with the 6 teraflops of power. They don't have to stick to 4k resolution. Plus it is designed to meet the requirements for Oculus Rift or Vive vr headsets, so it should be plenty powerful.
http://www.videogamer.com/news/developers_can_use_scorpios_6_teraflops_however_they_wish_says_spencer.html

Developers can use Scorpio's 6 teraflops however they wish, says Spencer
Studios won't be forced to hit a native 4K resolution, Xbox chief suggests.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
If that's the case I'd prefer to play 1080P/60 games with Ultra settings. Or maybe they can go for a resolution above 1080 but not 4K. Then they can upscale to 4K for those that have capable monitors. I personally would prefer higher quality graphics and higher frame rates over higher resolutions.

Last edited:

nate

Established Member
Not sure if I'm being trolled because there have been threads about the subject but I'll bite. No, the current XBO is not and won't be obsolete. Microsoft specifically came out and said the current XBO, the "S" model and the "Scorpio" will be compatible. All peripherals and games will work across the three consoles. Think of it as PC gaming. You can play all titles on different rigs. The resolution, frame rate and graphic quality will be hardware dependent, hence why they have performance sliders on PC games. The Microsoft consoles will work in the same manner except I think they will auto detect the hardware and use the proper settings for optimal gaming experience.

Exactly. This info is correct. Xbox developed tools for dynamic scaling, so you can buy a game for the xbox one and it will maybe be 1080/60 and on the scorpio 4k/30 with more effects. Basically how a pc game can go to low settings for an integrated graphics card, to ultra for a 1080.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
If that's the case I'd prefer to play 1080P/60 games with Ultra settings. Or maybe they can go for a resolution above 1080 but not 4K. Then they can upscale to 4K for those that have capable monitors. I personally would prefer higher quality graphics and higher frame rates over higher resolutions.
As do a lot of gamers but they are not seeing that way. Consoles are becoming like PC’s but still aren’t. At this point, Xbox Scorpio/PSNeo is a new console like PS4 was to PS3. All I see is that its pretty much backwards compatible games. PS3/X360 had 720P/1080P games, PS4/X1 has them but with AA settings and higher textures. Scorpio/Neo will follow that trend but Scorpio will be able to playin 4K but will take a hit graphic's IF dev’s up the 1080P or higher res textures and AA.

Exactly. This info is correct. Xbox developed tools for dynamic scaling, so you can buy a game for the xbox one and it will maybe be 1080/60 and on the scorpio 4k/30 with more effects. Basically how a pc game can go to low settings for an integrated graphics card, to ultra for a 1080.
PC gamers have the option to do so from any range with any vid card, I really doubt this will be the same on consoles. Im sure you will be locked to whatever they put on the console(s) for a smoother/easier experience.

Why jump to 4k resolutions when the current console can’t even hit a steady 30FPS with good graphics? You are seeing the same pattern but in 4k.

1440P/1080P with ultra high textures and AA @60FPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4k with good textures, lil to no AA @30FPS or below.

Just let us upgrade our vid cards like PC’s. N64 did it with their expansion pack memory…….

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
E3 was a bit underwhelming. Nintendo took it up the pooper like usual. MS did well with Dead Rising 4 which will be interesting to see how they manage to go back to the Willamette Mall and address if the plague ended and life in the town went back to normal or what. Supposedly it takes place 16 yrs or or after the original. Recore looks interesting but I'll be surprised if it does release in September. The same goes for the new South Park game and whether it will make the December 6th release date. Forza Horizon 3 seems to offer a new approach to the game. Hoping directly into a friend's game at the exact point could work well. If I could make back a decent percentage of what I paid for my X1, I'd seriously consider the new S.

thehunterooo

Established Member
I think most people are too busy fighting for their guns....

The only games I am waiting for is ME4 and maybe FF15 if it comes to PC, FF12HD as well in that case. I think Forza is supposed to be coming to PC as well? Outside of that I want a new Elder Scrolls, HD Skyrim? Just get a PC.......

After RE6 I have doubts for RE7, if it went back to the old style I would be excited though I did enjoy RE4 a lot.

On the flip side these updated consoles are going to be a nice cash grab.

dstow13

Established Member
I'm just looking forward to No Man's Sky. I know it wasn't at E3 this year. It was at E3 two years ago but that's the only game I'm looking forward to. Overwatch is taking up my time until No Man's Sky comes out.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
For PS4 I'm really looking forward to God of War and Days Gone. The last Resident Evil game I played was part 4. The new trailer looked interesting, but will have to wait and see. I downloaded the demo, but haven't played it yet. I want to see more for Death Stranding, the Hideo Kojima game. For XBox, i'm looking forward to Gears of War and Forza horizon. There were some other games that looked interesting as well, but I believe those are coming out for both systems. I like that MS is going to allow games to be played on both XB1 and PC. The spiderman game did look good and hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Fractured But Whole, ME: Andromeda, and the scorpio console... only things I really paid much attention to and intend to buy.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking forward to the following games: Battlefield 1, Battalion 1944, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam....

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I've been following it a little, but since I have a 3 month old daughter I will not be buying anything anytime soon (no time to play). I'm actually looking forward to what GT Sport offers and more than anything getting a VR headset/PS4 Neo later down the line.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If M$ or $ony released their upgraded console with SATA III capabilities I would jump in head first.
But for now, I'll stick to my XBO running an external SSD through the usb 3.0 it has.

nate

Established Member
As do a lot of gamers but they are not seeing that way. Consoles are becoming like PC’s but still aren’t. At this point, Xbox Scorpio/PSNeo is a new console like PS4 was to PS3. All I see is that its pretty much backwards compatible games. PS3/X360 had 720P/1080P games, PS4/X1 has them but with AA settings and higher textures. Scorpio/Neo will follow that trend but Scorpio will be able to playin 4K but will take a hit graphic's IF dev’s up the 1080P or higher res textures and AA.

PC gamers have the option to do so from any range with any vid card, I really doubt this will be the same on consoles. Im sure you will be locked to whatever they put on the console(s) for a smoother/easier experience.

Why jump to 4k resolutions when the current console can’t even hit a steady 30FPS with good graphics? You are seeing the same pattern but in 4k.

1440P/1080P with ultra high textures and AA @60FPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4k with good textures, lil to no AA @30FPS or below.

Just let us upgrade our vid cards like PC’s. N64 did it with their expansion pack memory…….
NO, it won't be user adjustable, the game developer will determine that. But they can make 1 game, and if game detects xbox one, then "x" settings are applied. If scorpio is detected, then "y" settings are applied. That way you don't have developers having to make one game, then port it to a different generation. Makes it easier for the xbox one to continue to get games while people with a new system get upgraded graphics and resolution.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
NO, it won't be user adjustable, the game developer will determine that. But they can make 1 game, and if game detects xbox one, then "x" settings are applied. If scorpio is detected, then "y" settings are applied. That way you don't have developers having to make one game, then port it to a different generation. Makes it easier for the xbox one to continue to get games while people with a new system get upgraded graphics and resolution.
Yeah thats what I meant but wished they didnt roll out the whole gaming in 4k. They should’ve first worry about making a true 1080P console with high details playing in native 1080P @60 FPS or 1440P, etc and pushing that to devs instead. The console has the potential no doubt now but something tells me 4k is the main thing they’re aiming.

Just like with movies, shows, etc. You will NOT be able to tell a difference from 1080P to 4k if TV isnt bigger than 60 inch sitting from at least 6 feet away or less. Different than desktop gaming since you have the monitor right in front of your face. This is why I consider 4k a gimmick in 90% of setups.

Last edited:

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
a little bland this year again in terms of new titles

but Halo Wars 2, Skyrim remastered, Nuka World, Battlefeld 1 looked great. Mass Effect has potential.

Users who are viewing this thread