ARE Vette, and Ford GT

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
repost... 3rd time

Go away repo PoPo. I haven't seen it before.

That was a good vid! Vette did have a nasty idle sound. Wish mine sounded like that.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Originally posted by Gino
NICE man, very nice! how much did all the work on the Z06 cost? that 422ci stroker kit couldn't have been cheap

:??:

I've got a good relationship with A.R.E as they did my h/c and I'm good friends with one of their sales reps so they hooked me up large. They may not have the shiniest floors or best timelines, but they've taken good care of me, and they are one of the best at re-sleeved LS1/6 blocks. Not near what you see outta other tuners for 15-20k. :beer:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
sounded great. glad to see someone gets to enjoy those Ford GT's the way they should be. Im sure 90% of the people that buy them will park them in their garage and never drive them. and when they do, they wont break 50 on the highway. hope ur dad gets it! GL

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
DBK that is definately a thumpy cam you have, and after seeing the specs I can see why. How is driveablity? Do you have issues with vacume at all?

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
DBK-props on the all around SICK car, but I got all excited when I saw that GT guage fly. Is that all that you've got on video of the GT?

MLB427

Established Member
Originally posted by 02MineralGrayGt
in all honesty lambos are not "quick" cars at least not compared with a 422 stroked zo6 and a Gt if you ask me lambos are a waste, much rather have either of the 2 other cars long live the ferrari slayer

Honestly, I don't know what you mean. Motortrend states the lambo gallardo does the quarter mile in 11.8 seconds thats roughly the same time as the GT does it. The gallardo also goes over 200+ mph. That is pretty fast in my eyes.:-D

charles6

Established Member
Ya, but how much does the lambo cost? You could buy 3 GTs for the price of one Lambo. My subject is the "waste" statement meaning all the moola you spend on the Lambo you could make the GT run circles around it. And the Vett was just badass!, but that is comparing apples w/oranges(exotic vs. american muscle).

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
There is no way a Gallardo is ANYWHERE near as fast as a GT. Motor trends test this month had the GT do 11.2@131(did I just quote a magazine...ugh). That's in a completely different galaxy than the Gallardo. The GT is miles faster than a Murcielago, let alone the baby lambo. Besides, I can tell you from driving my 130mph trap speed car, and driving the GT, they are roughly equivalent. And the GT is making more power than my Z06 by a longshot from the way it continues to pull at a substantially heavier weight. Corrected GT time [email protected] vs. Z06 time [email protected] vs Gallardo time nowhere near.

And I don't know why were talking Gallardo's anyhow:lol1:

Last edited:

acmsheva7

Established Member
Originally posted by MLB427
Honestly, I don't know what you mean. Motortrend states the lambo gallardo does the quarter mile in 11.8 seconds thats roughly the same time as the GT does it. The gallardo also goes over 200+ mph. That is pretty fast in my eyes.:-D

Lambo gallardo doesn't even run 11.8 seconds on the quarter mile i don't know what the heck you are talking about...the gallardo is more like a mid 12 second car

Btw ford gt runs 11.2 on the quarter

Users who are viewing this thread