are these terminators overpriced

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Yes, they are high. I would keep shopping. Take a look at KBB.com for a pricing reference. My $.02

TRBO VNM

they are only over priced if you aren't willing to pay that amount.

I am surprised that there isn't a wider difference in price between the two based on yr and mileage. but I don't think they are over priced really. they sell for that amount all the time. some people find them cheaper, some people pay more.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, they are high. I would keep shopping. Take a look at KBB.com for a pricing reference. My $.02

I wouldn't. KBB values my car in excellent condition at something ridiculous like $13,000.

rexisme

Established Member
The one w/ 45k miles is tipping it. The other is reasonable. This place is the worst place ever when it comes to asking about prices of terminators. The people giving you advice on the price usually do not even own one. Or they want to use the economic situation to drive the price down so they can finally afford one. I think its hilarious when people tell you to look at kbb for a accurate price which is not accurate. Look at what the cars are selling for around you for an accurate price. I bet that guy wouldnt sell that 93 fox body he has for kbb value.

TRBO VNM

The one w/ 45k miles is tipping it. The other is reasonable. This place is the worst place ever when it comes to asking about prices of terminators. The people giving you advice on the price usually do not even own one. Or they want to use the economic situation to drive the price down so they can finally afford one. I think its hilarious when people tell you to look at kbb for a accurate price which is not accurate. Look at what the cars are selling for around you for an accurate price. I bet that guy wouldnt sell that 93 fox body he has for kbb value.

oh so true. better yet, go to the bank and see what they would loan you for a fox body. lol

we were just talking about this the other day about supra's and the ridiculus money they still bring.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member

What he said :thumbsup:

I'll give you kbb for your notch today :)

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
KBB is a joke when pricing these cars. The same can be said for Supras as well. I remember when KBB had them valued at around 24-25K for a 97-98 with low mileage yet they never sold for below 35K and were going for upwards of 45k.

I would not part with my 24K mile 10th car for less than 22-23k if I were to sell it. That is just me though. I paid cash for it in November and have no plans of selling it anytime soon. I get tired of hearing about the economy excuses. If the economy is affecting you that much you should not be buying a car like a Terminator. :shrug:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
1993 5.0 notch with 22,000 miles from KBB

Condition Value

Excellent
$4,145

Good
$3,770

Fair
$3,320

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I did a search on Autotrader last week and found a mint, 13,000 mile, 03' car for $20,900 from a dealer. That was right on Private Party pricing per KBB.

I'm not trying to be a hater, just being realistic and trying to help the guy find a good deal.

rexisme

Established Member
I did a search on Autotrader last week and found a mint, 13,000 mile, 03' car for $20,900 from a dealer. That was right on Private Party pricing per KBB.

I'm not trying to be a hater, just being realistic and trying to help the guy find a good deal.

Well then show that guy the good deal!! Because a local area search around me shows dealers still trying to get mid to high 20's for them.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
The car was on the east coast. For a purchase like this, I am willing to travel. I went several hundred miles out for my 04'.

You act like I called your Mom a name. Relax bud.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Well then show that guy the good deal!! Because a local area search around me shows dealers still trying to get mid to high 20's for them.
I have seen a few verts around me as high as 28k from dealers this summer. Coupes at 25-26k. You will always find a guy down on his luck that NEEDS to unload his car for money. Once that well dries up people will realize you are not getting low mileage cars for the 18k or so that they want to spend. I even see people expecting to pay 15-16k. :lol1:

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Those prices don't look too bad to me. I can't believe people are getting these cars in the teens. :shrug:

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
These cars have held their value extremely well. Now that most have quite a few miles on them, the average value is decreasing. The high end buyers are all getting the GT500's with low miles for $40k

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
KKB.com wont tell you anything about the value of an 03-04 cobra, those prices are crackhead prices.

i would drive over my cobra with my truck before i sold it for KBB value.

you have to go around the area your in, on the northeast side of the US, cobras are expensive!, they are really cheap down south.

North = car with 30k miles for $22-26k
South - car with 30k miles for $18-22k

i was about to take a trip to FL for the right car, until i got a sick deal.

keep looking they are only overpriced to someone who wont pay it. remeber that.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
:nonono:

+1

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
i paid 19.5k for the TR 10th vert #13 of the anniversary editions. 43,xxx on the clock when I got her to give you an idea. And I have a year of an extended warranty still left =)

Users who are viewing this thread