Are these bassani mufflers?

nal90

Established Member
ive looked all around these mufflers and cant find a name on them anywhere...i got them off ebay for 100$...the add said "03 cobra irs flow tube mufflers" lol
anyways i first site i thought they were bassani and looked at the cobra catback and by looks all is the same, flow tubes and mufflers look identacle...except in pics they say bassani but mine dont...did bassani make mufflers withought the name on them? or are these some sort of knock off?

IMG_20120802_143138.jpg

IMG_20120802_143200.jpg

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I'm not positive if your mufflers are Bassani or not, but the hardware and flanges look just like mine and I have a Bassani cat back. Have the mufflers been polished or cleaned with something? Mine say Bassani on the sides of the mufflers, but in a very light etching. Could be possible the name has just been rubbed off :shrug:

nal90

Established Member
hahahaha...anyways, i got these used, and idk if they were ever polished, im going to clean them up tomarrow, but there def stainless steel, and the construction is really nice and welds are really clean...but idk

thing that makes me wonder is cause the inlet and outlet on the 03-04 cobra are def the same and the dimensions are the same 4x8x16

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When you say that the inlet and outlet is the same as the '03 - '04 Cobra, you're not talking about the pipe diameter, right?

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I'm not positive if your mufflers are Bassani or not, but the hardware and flanges look just like mine and I have a Bassani cat back. Have the mufflers been polished or cleaned with something? Mine say Bassani on the sides of the mufflers, but in a very light etching. Could be possible the name has just been rubbed off :shrug:

x2....My Bassani had the name etched in the side the same way...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never heard of Bassani systems that weren't stamped with Bassani. I would ask the seller where he got them and why if they're advertised as Bassani the name isn't stamped. You can also just call Bassani customer service and ask if they make any product with no stamping. That would answer your question pretty quickly. (866) 782-3283

nal90

Established Member
I've never heard of Bassani systems that weren't stamped with Bassani. I would ask the seller where he got them and why if they're advertised as Bassani the name isn't stamped. You can also just call Bassani customer service and ask if they make any product with no stamping. That would answer your question pretty quickly. (866) 782-3283

good thinking, the ad didnt say anything about bassani and the seller didnt put a brand, i assumed they were bassani just buy looking at the hardware, mufflers, and flow tubes since they look the same as the 03/04 cobra style catback...ill check with bassani

Users who are viewing this thread