Are the MAC LTs I just put on going to hurt my new engine?

venomboysvt

Established Member
RioRed4v said:
venomboy.. your car looks real nice. hadnt seen it until i saw the pic in your sig.
Thanks man, I finally stopped being lazy and tried to figure out how to post it on the site. Hopefully I can get better at it.

Keith 5.0

5.0 is the way to go
Established Member
Keith 5.0 said:
how do I block off the EGR? Will it cause any problems by blocking it off?

has anyone blocked the EGR off successfully? How did you do it? If I can use these LT's temporarily until I can afford some better ones with the EGR blocked off, I will. If not, I'll throw the FMS shorties and the stock h-pipe I have back on and sell these LTs. Will other LT's fit the prochamber without any modifications?

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
I *think* you disconnect the line then insert something into where it goes into the TB and the line itself so it doesn't leak. I'm not sure exactly - maybe do a post to Corral.Net and see how it was done. Those people may have just disconnect their EGR for a time while letting the headers 'break in'

However, IIRC correctly, you would also have to turn off the egr in the computer.

Honestly, if the headers are used, I wouldn't worry about it that much. All of the shit in them should have been sucked out by now, if there were any.

Users who are viewing this thread