Are Terminator Prices Cooling Down?

LS WUT

Established Member
If time has proven anything so far, it’s that’s they will continue to rise. I know the markets crazy as of right now. However even more YouTuber’s and such have been buying them for content. So I think they will reach a wide audience. They’re awesome cars for their time. Hold onto that beauty.

Fopar

Established Member
I mean the entire car market value inflated from COVID, particularly recreational stuff, it's just finally coming back to reality. But I agree in the long run they will continue to rise

robvas

Established Member
Funny thing is when I was looking at the start of Covid there were almost zero used mustangs for sale

Now there are a TON. Mostly junk, 150k mile cars, eco/V6 cars, etc

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is typically a cool off after a huge spike but I don’t see prices retreating to what they were.

Prob a little drop then will climb slowly

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I'll echo your comment because I believe that is exactly what is happening.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They were in large part taking advantage of the market at the time.

phils04gt

Established Member
I think it’s plateaued for the time being except for MCs or COs and bone stock sub 5k mile terminators.

The terminator has a solid value but some owners/dealers are dreaming with their asking prices.
Nailed it. Other than those rare colors and super low mile cars, I have been seeing people chopping their prices and cars still sitting. Other than those super rare ones, I'm not seeing many of the listed cars for sale moving.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Nailed it. Other than those rare colors and super low mile cars, I have been seeing people chopping their prices and cars still sitting. Other than those super rare ones, I'm not seeing many of the listed cars for sale moving.

What about Screaming Yellow .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

q6543

Established Member
Screenshot_20220320-122451_Samsung Internet.jpg
the used vehicle index looks like it peaked and rolled over already.
There will be repos and defaults. And YES the used market affects the cobra market.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Talking point related to your comment, my thoughts are that the low mileage rare ones are being consumed more so by the customer who wants "garage fodder" and just wants to brag to his buddies on Sunday morning. Has no intention to drive mod it etc...

So the everything else category, is why pay $30k+ on a 18 year old vehicle when for another $10k you can snag a GT500, more bells whistles etc?

To answer the the OPs original question, I think value on 03/04 and 13/14s is going to maintain and continue to steadily increase

By the way, not disagreeing with, just making convo and the factors that decide what money I am willing to let go on a vehicle purchase

What about Screaming Yellow .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
SY is the sheeet. Add $5750 to asking price.

ZiaRunner

Established Member
Talking point related to your comment, my thoughts are that the low mileage rare ones are being consumed more so by the customer who wants "garage fodder" and just wants to brag to his buddies on Sunday morning. Has no intention to drive mod it etc...

So the everything else category, is why pay $30k+ on a 18 year old vehicle when for another $10k you can snag a GT500, more bells whistles etc?

To answer the the OPs original question, I think value on 03/04 and 13/14s is going to maintain and continue to steadily increase

By the way, not disagreeing with, just making convo and the factors that decide what money I am willing to let go on a vehicle purchase

SY is the sheeet. Add $5750 to asking price.
I think that may be the case. I think not everyone can swing $35k+ on an 18+ year old car with 15k+ miles or simply doesn’t want to.

And those that are set on a terminator and can afford to blow some money or collect are more likely to invest (using invest loosely) into a top tier ultra low mile bone stock terminator since it’ll probably retain or increase in value better than a used 20k+ mile car.

To me this leaves those used, low to mid mile terminators with top tier prices sitting in no mans land.

Users who are viewing this thread