Are Rousch cars worth the $$

ghostrider7953

Established Member
I made my own. I wanted the "mechanicals", didn't need the name and didn't like the facia.
My 5.0 looks like and sounds like stock; until you pop the hood.

65sohc

Established Member
I had a conversation with the sales manager of Future Ford of Clovis (CA) last year when I was looking at Bosses. They had been a Roush dealer but dropped out due to the fact that they couldn't move the cars. This is what he told me. While Roush's are definitely fine cars, and a significant upgrade over a stock GT, the resale is terrible. There is no Kelley Blue Book or NADA value so when someone trades one in to a dealer it is considered the same as a standard GT.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I had a conversation with the sales manager of Future Ford of Clovis (CA) last year when I was looking at Bosses. They had been a Roush dealer but dropped out due to the fact that they couldn't move the cars. This is what he told me. While Roush's are definitely fine cars, and a significant upgrade over a stock GT, the resale is terrible. There is no Kelley Blue Book or NADA value so when someone trades one in to a dealer it is considered the same as a standard GT.
yeah you can run them on a lease program either. and your car insurance will cover them as a stock GT because that is what the VIN comes back as.

kingnut

Established Member
I just test drove a 13 gt500 friday night. All i can say is wow!!!!!

thanks, that has nothing to do with this topic.

OP if you like roush then buy one. its all about how you want to spend your money. i wouldnt do it because i prefer to do my own mods and make the car unique as possible. also the price.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

Yep, they receive no credit from the valuation tools on trade. Most lenders will not lend more than book (GT value) when trying to finance a used one either, and that is the biggest contributor to low resale/trade values.

I had an 05' Roush (stripped stage 1) as I wanted something different when I purchased. I worked at the dealership so used my Dplan to significantly reduce the cost of the car/pkg and then took the large rebate offered to further reduce the price as well. They are nice looking and unique, but not the best option if you are looking to get out of it in 1-2yrs.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I bought an '11 Roush 5XR 2 years ago for 13k under sticker (demo with 9k on it) When I sold it last year I got MORE than what I paid for it.

I definitely wouldn't drop 50k on one of those cars, hell i wouldnt even drop 60+k on a GT500. Neither is worth it IMO.

Planeswalker

Established Member
I would never buy a Rousch, never:)

What do you have against the letter C?!?!

Everybody on here got ripped off, forget the people that buy a Roush. Why buy a GT when you can just get a body in white and build your own car? Think of all those worthless parts you are buying just to replace them.....geeez right? OK end of sarcasm.

So much bad information here. Yes the VIN shows as a regular GT, but what does it show if you drop all that money on aftermarket parts? At least with the Roush you have something that is actually documented. A Roush can be insured by collectible insurance companies. If you are worried about resale value just sell it privately, a Roush is WAY more likely to recover some money than random aftermarket parts.

I lost count how many times somebody has walked right past my GT500 or BOSS(sold) just to ask about my Roush. They are unique and cool, they may just be a fancy GT but so is a GT, at least you get a fancy plaque.

OP, I think a Roush would be great for your situation.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I like the Roush cars. True, they are nothing that can't be pieced together for the most part. People seek them out though- my store started selling their Mustangs and Raptors a few months ago and we've moved more than I expected. I would think they'd keep the same prestige in the used market.

11dsgGT

Established Member
I think the Roush focuses on the engine more than a Saleen whereas the saleen focuses on suspension/looks. Personally, I always like Saleen better than Roush because of their body kits. Also, because of Saleens right to own his name issues, there was a single Saleen car produced when he wasnt a part of the company. It was produced when Steve was making the SMS mustang, so if you want something rare, that 2010 or 2011 saleen is with out a doubt going to be extremely rare. After 3 years I cant even buy body parts for it, so I an make a clone, because noone knows if they are even going to produce them anymore.

MNCobra

Established Member
i had two Roush's....11 5XR and 13 RS3 loved both cars and they have the best suspension....if you get a custom tune and smaller pulley and CAI you would be push 600 wrhp and with less weight than the GT500 you should be able to keep the GT500 close until you hit the speed limiter...depends on what kind of driving you do...straight line GT500...road track Roush/Boss....

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I think they are great cars and well worth the money. What difference is it if you buy a stock premium GT, then add wheels, tires, brakes, supercharger, body kit...etc.etc.etc... One way or the other you're gonna end up with a $50k Mustang if you do everything. Just so happens Roush does it all for you and you can get it for zero percent financing.....

You do have to like all the Roush components, which I happen to.... If there are specific things you don't like, buy a GT and throw $20k at it.... 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other..... Neither will be worth squat when you go to sell.....

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
HEY I GOT AN IDEA !!!!1

@ OP you buy whatever the hell you want and can afford buddy. . .

practicallity goes out the window these are all mustangs. . .they serve no purpose except to waste our gas too much money for insurance ( because stupid teenage girls like to crash them into stuff ). its a muscle car, not a family car ( yes i have had a car seat in mine but it sucked ) its a muscle car not a truck or a van none of that. . .

so you buy what you want bro, each model has its good points

GT500 is no shit the best deal on any sports market right now a base model makes all kinds of power and is factory, a few cheap mods and tires and you are golden to run the times us GT guys have been trying to do with power adders and stock motors.

a Roush is a name if you are into the Jack Roush style cars than by all means buy the damn thing they look good and are exclusive and they have a blower. . . yes you could toss a blower on a GT and make the same power but if you are looking for the design and the name than buy your Roush

Bosss and Laguna Seca are my favorites I wish i waited for a the 12 boss to come out they have alot of options and the motors are a bit stronger than a regular ole GT, you can make some sick power on No2 or boost. . .but you have to start worrying about the MT-82 giving you issues.

the good ole GT I have an 11 stick car and its getting money tossed at it all the time. . .lol the trans has given me lots of problems but thats the nature of the beat ( i just wish i would break 1-4 gear and not 5th for no reason ) the AUTO GT is a monster we have seen what a little time and money well spend can do for these things. . .they are a buget mid to high 10s car and you can drive it anywhere. . .

so thats my BS red neck opinion on these cars I love em all I wish i could own em all but I am just gonna make my ole junky 43K mile nitrous 6spd car work and enjoy every second of it. . .so good luck and i hope YOU get what YOU want and not what WE tell you. its different cars for different folks bro.

Users who are viewing this thread