Are Rousch cars worth the $$

bumplime

Established Member
I realize that the question is ver subjective but I'm curious what peoples opinions are. I've been looking at all sorts of different options like buying a new car and adding the Paxton, suspension etc to make it a fun DD and track car, looked at some Saleens and then a few Roush stage 3 autos.
Fully loaded Roush cars go from upper 50s to low 60s. The Saleens I looked t have all been manuals and are in the mid 60s.

I'm just wondering if the added cost of the Roush and Saleen are really worth it for the performance that you get. I know the Roush cars come with a TVS and some suspension changes although I haven't searched enough to know exactly what all they change, as well as a whole bunch of cosmetic changes.
The Saleens I've seen are all supercharged as well but I have no idea about the suspension work on them either.

So, what say you?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not worth it, nor will they be worth it in the long run.

Just buy a 5.0 and save your $15-20k and use some of it on upgrades.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Id buy a GT500 before I paid 50+ for a mustang GT with Roush's name plastered all over it

Fun4me

Established Member
I have a Nigerian friend you should talk to. He'll get you a Roush GT cheap. Just wire half the money first.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
OK here's the thing...I have owned a ROUSH, BULLITT, MACH1, Saleen, Adrenalin, FX4. There is something cool and exclusive about having a "NAME" to set your car apart form the others. (notice I didn't call them a mustang, F150 or Sport Trac)

I do think that you can build a ROUSH cheaper by yourself than buying it form the dealer....but it will never truely be a ROUSH and YOU will know it! I bought a regular 'ol GT this time around and I am kinda kicking myself for not getting a BOSS or GT/CS. Somethign with more of an exclusive name to it.

If I had to do it all over again yes, I might buy a ROUSH...but it would be a "Sport" or stage 1. That way it has the true ROUSH name....Then I would add the SC and other ROUSH parts I wanted.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Fun4me

Established Member
OK here's the thing...I have owned a ROUSH, BULLITT, MACH1, Saleen, Adrenalin, FX4. There is something cool and exclusive about having a "NAME" to set your car apart form the others. (notice I didn't call them a mustang, F150 or Sport Trac)

I do think that you can build a ROUSH cheaper by yourself than buying it form the dealer....but it will never truely be a ROUSH and YOU will know it! I bought a regular 'ol GT this time around and I am kinda kicking myself for not getting a BOSS or GT/CS. Somethign with more of an exclusive name to it.

If I had to do it all over again yes, I might buy a ROUSH...but it would be a "Sport" or stage 1. That way it has the true ROUSH name....Then I would add the SC and other ROUSH parts I wanted.

Just my thoughts.
Talk to my Nigerian buddy, he'll hook you up.

Nuar

Established Member
The names are just a way to suck your wallet dry in my opinion.
If a roush is around 50 grand, get a 2011-2012 gt, dump the rest of the money into a forged motor and throw a power adder on there. You have WAY more power then the Roush or the Saleen, and you have money to spare to modify the suspension to your liking.

Just my opinion.
I was always all about making my cars MINE. Modify it my way, to set it apart from the mustangs in my area.

busarich

Established Member
Like was said I would get a 2013 gt500 before imspent that kinda money on a roush or other variance.

vettekillr~

Established Member
Before i bought my 12 GT, i was thinking the same but all in all i think people do it to have that cool factor to brag about in front of their friends an at shows .. but after its all said and done, its still a GT with badges an a name on it, i say jus save the 20 Grand and build u a street/drag/track beast or buy a bad a$$ crotch rocket

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I really like the rtr. I dont think the package is that bad.

U cant buy all the rtr parts either which is kinda cool.

bumplime

Established Member
I've got a GT500 and last I checked you can not get an Automatic in one. I'm in need of the auto due to bad knees and pain from shifting, even minimal effort upsets my knee. Not to mention the new autos are hard to beat as has been shown over and over.

I know the packages are more than a person would pay for the individual parts but the warranty part is nice. I also think the interior changes they make are nice, especially the seats. I guess to some it's a dumb decision and a waste of money but there is obviously a market for them.
I've never bought a vehicle based on what people at car shows think. I buy them based on what I think BUT I do value other people's input prior to buying.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
You need to test drive it to make sure it is the car you really want.
That is the only way you will know you made the right choice.

FWIW, I would buy a Automatic Roush Convertible.

Fun4me

Established Member
You can build a nice Auto GT, and have a dealer-installed S/C put in w/ the same warranty as Roush. If you want to drop an extra 10-15 for some Roush badges, talk to my Nigirean buddy. What are the resale values like for the Roushes?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I looked at a Saleen when I bought my 95. and have kept up on the prices somewhat. the price for performance is just not there. they are WAY overpriced for what you get. bottom line answer to your question ... oh HELL no.

thgach

Established Member
Saleens and roush cars are cool and it use to be before the ford factory was putting out anything with serious horsepower that they put out a lot more performance than what ford did ...but after the termi came out the ford stuff has been off the hook....I'm lookin at a laguna myself that car rocks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread