Looks like I am going with a 2.9 Whipple and these are my mods:

2.9 Whipple standard
Accufab T/B
80 lbs
boost a pump
mafia
Focus pumps.....
tune (of course)

I am looking to stay within the 600 hp range for now with improvements down the road as my funds permit... Will the Focus pumps be sufficient for my application? This is what my tuner/installer recommended for me to run.. If I increase my power levels down the road I would go with a return system....

Any thoughts..

TRBO VNM

you need a return style system with twin 465 pumps. better safe than sorry

That didn't answer his question and I wouldn't run twin 465's all the time. They heat up the fuel way too much.

if no then twin ford GT super car pumps 255lph

The focus pumps would help in that power range but depending on future plans you may need to upgrade again. People haven't used focus pumps in a while because of the other advancements in fuel systems for these cars. The ford gt pumps will also support the power and even twin aviator pumps as well. If you go with the gt pumps you should run dual FPDM's as well. Frankly you run into an issue with needing more than just pumps to do it right. The ford gt pumps draw too much current to keep them in the stock hat and wiring. So then you get to a point of doing a level 1 returnless setup and a dual fpdm harness. The next question ends up being e85 and if you will ever run it. the gt pumps are available for e85 now.

So it starts getting to a point of what your goals are. You could even convert to a return setup and do a level 1 return and easily upgrade that later to a level 2 or higher when you want more power and you won't be wasting money.

In the end, yeah the focus pumps will be ok for now, but what about later? You will end up wanting more. Why not save up a little more now and mod based on your future plans so you aren't redoing work or wasting money.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
That didn't answer his question and I wouldn't run twin 465's all the time. They heat up the fuel way too much.

The focus pumps would help in that power range but depending on future plans you may need to upgrade again. People haven't used focus pumps in a while because of the other advancements in fuel systems for these cars. The ford gt pumps will also support the power and even twin aviator pumps as well. If you go with the gt pumps you should run dual FPDM's as well. Frankly you run into an issue with needing more than just pumps to do it right. The ford gt pumps draw too much current to keep them in the stock hat and wiring. So then you get to a point of doing a level 1 returnless setup and a dual fpdm harness. The next question ends up being e85 and if you will ever run it. the gt pumps are available for e85 now.

So it starts getting to a point of what your goals are. You could even convert to a return setup and do a level 1 return and easily upgrade that later to a level 2 or higher when you want more power and you won't be wasting money.

In the end, yeah the focus pumps will be ok for now, but what about later? You will end up wanting more. Why not save up a little more now and mod based on your future plans so you aren't redoing work or wasting money.

TRBO VNM....Thanks for the quick reply....Honestly I will probably stay with the power level I achieve with the above mentioned set up. If I do want to expand down the road I would go with the Lethal Budget Return system...just depends on the future. even now the funding is at the extreme I want to spend..
Was just curious as I don't see to many running Focus pumps any longer... I do see that Lethal still carries these pumps so I guess it still is being used with people with a budget......

BTW...this will be a 95% street car which may never even see a track event most likely..

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
you need a return style system with twin 465 pumps. better safe than sorry

Completely FALSE, bad info!

OP,

For reference -8 supply, Focus pumps, PPRV delete, 60's, BAP@+15%, and all else OE, I made 519/567 on the Eaton on 93. When asking my tuner if I could spray 100-125 hp N20 dry on top of that with race gas his answer was, yes you'll have plenty of room. Considering that = 625whp/775 ft/lbs SAE @ wheels I say get the Focus pumps!

With that said, many owners are going return and virtually giving away GT Supercar pumps, so great deals can be had on them and get you extra wiggle room over Focus units.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread