Are BMR/UPR Drag springs the way to go?

Quad4_72

Established Member
My car is strictly a straight line car. I need to get rid of these Ford Racing Lowering springs and I am thinking a drag spring is probably the way to go for optimal 60ft launch times. For track this year I will be running MT ET PROs. Gonna be pushing 1000rwhp at least. I am also ordering Viking Double Adjustables. Would either BMR or UPR drag springs be the best way to go?

BMR Tech

Well, I am going to say BMR Drag springs are in a league of their own.

So yes, I would say they are the way to go. ;)

BMR Tech

FWIW, our drag springs are based off of 8 years of experience and testing (before they were released). They are our specific and unique engineered pieces.

The other company you mentioned, I am not 100% positive...but I am going to go out on a limb and say they are just Eibach springs. IF that is the case, that whole various rate, loose and sloppy design stuff is for the birds.

Quad4_72

Established Member
FWIW, our drag springs are based off of 8 years of experience and testing (before they were released). They are our specific and unique engineered pieces.

The other company you mentioned, I am not 100% positive...but I am going to go out on a limb and say they are just Eibach springs. IF that is the case, that whole various rate, loose and sloppy design stuff is for the birds.

Well good to know! I will probably go with the BRM Drag springs then. Would love to hear some experiences from some of the members too. If you would like feel free to pm me a price though!

BMR Tech

Honestly, I recommend calling us up and asking for Dylan if you are going to order direct.

As for results, members, etc...there are a ton of them out there. Plenty of 1.2 sixty foot cars, and also 7-Second and many 8 second performances.

I am not sure how many members who have them are active on this site, but I know a lot of people use them that are members here.

BMR Tech

Here ya go. ;)

12718158_1018816971509212_5896969031581633389_n.jpg

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Are they in stock? I needed springs in a hurry last month but the BMR drag springs were sold out everywhere. I had to go with the cobra jet springs

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I stickly drag my car and it is on the BMR springs. I have had them on now for about 3 months. I love the performance of them, BUT based on where I live with the rough roads and the pot holes. It makes it hard to clear certain areas. Other then that they perform very good in a straight line. They stopped all of the dipping in the rear of the car and it leaves a lot more straight now.

Jvibe92

Established Member
arent the drag springs a 1.5 drop? how are they for street driving compared to sp009?

BMR Tech 2

arent the drag springs a 1.5 drop? how are they for street driving compared to sp009?

Yes, they're a 1.5" drop. They actually are pretty comparable to the SP009, and share the same rear spring. The front drag spring rate is 15 in/lbs lighter than the front springs in the SP009 kit. So many people see the words "drag spring" and instantly assume the spring rate is super light and the car will be dangerous on the street, but thats definitely not the case here!

JT76

Established Member
Im in the market for some springs for my '14. I just do street driving and the occasional trip to the 1/4 mile. I don't want to sacrifice too much of my ride quality. How do these "ride" also what else would be suggested to go with these springs for a good "all around" suspension setup? Forgive my ignorance, I've spent the last 10 years in the F body world, this is my first foray into the S197 platform. Thanks.

BMR Tech 2

Im in the market for some springs for my '14. I just do street driving and the occasional trip to the 1/4 mile. I don't want to sacrifice too much of my ride quality. How do these "ride" also what else would be suggested to go with these springs for a good "all around" suspension setup? Forgive my ignorance, I've spent the last 10 years in the F body world, this is my first foray into the S197 platform. Thanks.

I have lots of customers tell me "This is how the car should have come from the factory" after they get their SP009 springs on. The ride is firmer than OEM by about 15%, but it's nowhere near uncomfortable. Just a sporty feel. I think if you go with either our drag springs or standard lowering springs, you'll be very happy with how they ride and how they perform. If you'd like me to put a package together for you, just shoot me a message or give me a call and we discuss what you'd like to do with the car, and how far you want to take the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread