Are BFG KDW-NT noisy? Do they grip for the occasional light to light race?

Crazy Ray

Established Member
I would like the opion of those who have used BF Goodrich KDW NT. I'm putting out 444/461 to the wheels. I go to the track once or twice a year. Go to car shows and cruises.
Are they noisy?
Do they grip for the occasional light to light race. :shrug:

Vae_Victus

Established Member
I'm running KDW's and I can say they are a very good street tire. Yes I have heard that the GS-D3's are better but they dont carry the size I was looking for (335's on 18's). So it really depends what you are running wheel size. If you're running stock 17's then I'd say go with the GS-D3's. If you're running 18's then go with the KDW's.
As for noise I have had them for a year now and never had a single noise issue thus far.
As for grip for your power level, they will do you good man. But remember it is still a street tire so it will never compare to anything like a DR. Since you don't track your car often enough to justify buying DR's (like myself as well) still with street tires. They will last you a lot longer than any DR and you can still drive in the rain without worries. That's another good thing about the KDW's..they are ****ING AMAZING in the rain. If and when I do get stuck in a rain storm I am always confident while driving.
One last note, for me at least, I fell in love with the tread pattern of the KDW's. They are sick as well.

Here is a pic for reference. Tire size is 335/30/18

101ss.jpg

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
CANNOT go wrong with any of the tires mentioned above.

I prefer the BFG just for tread life and looks. :D

SVTDice

Established Member
I have KDW's myself 295's. I love them. I've never owned a Nitto before. However For a street tire, These do VERY well. I've layed into it when I've been in the rain with my 295's and They hook VERY well in rain. Anyways probably when these wear out. And that won't be for a long time considering these ones are pretty new I'm probably going to bump up to 335's Just for the look and traction. Thats my .02

What others have said though, You can't go really wrong with any of these tires, They are all a good choice.

Black Sex

Established Member
With the TQ curve our cars have, NO street tire is going to do good going from stoplight to stoplight.

postalbunny

Established Member
just got kdwnt's on front (275/40/17) i read several reviews complaining of noise. They were the only tire i liked that's unidirectional so i can rotate them. I tested at several speeds, only noise I can hear is at 45 mph, and i have to push the clutch in, with the top down (vert)... and i can barely hear them. Kind of like a mud tire noise... I don't think anyone can hear it unless i specifically tell them to listen for it.

i'm happy with them, i think the complaints are from g35 owners etc who have quiet engine compartments... and possibly other issues.

besides.. only tire i've seen that comes close to snake scales.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
got 275/40/17 kdw with the new tread design on the rear. I an impressede with them so far but the only thing i didnt expect was when i laid them next to the nitto 555's i got on the front (not dr's) the 555's are wider by about 3/8 of an inch. luckily when they're on the car you dont really notice.

Vae_Victus

Established Member
just got kdwnt's on front (275/40/17) i read several reviews complaining of noise. They were the only tire i liked that's unidirectional so i can rotate them. I tested at several speeds, only noise I can hear is at 45 mph, and i have to push the clutch in, with the top down (vert)... and i can barely hear them. Kind of like a mud tire noise... I don't think anyone can hear it unless i specifically tell them to listen for it.

i'm happy with them, i think the complaints are from g35 owners etc who have quiet engine compartments... and possibly other issues.

besides.. only tire i've seen that comes close to snake scales.[/QUOTE]

:lol: that's exactly what I tell everyone too. Those tires were made for our cars. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread