Are bassani headers worth it?

gwalker

Established Member
I have a 2.3 whipple with 3.1 pulley and am probably going with a 2.80

Dynoed 560/530

I already have bassani catback and x pipe with cats.

I assume its cheaper to just go with the bassani midlengths since they will bolt up to my x, correct? Is it worth it to go with their headers which are 1 5/8 or should i save up and go with a full length and different xpipe?

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I would personally go longtubes and sell the current xpipe. But to each their own.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I have a 2.3 whipple with 3.1 pulley and am probably going with a 2.80

Dynoed 560/530

I already have bassani catback and x pipe with cats.

I assume its cheaper to just go with the bassani midlengths since they will bolt up to my x, correct? Is it worth it to go with their headers which are 1 5/8 or should i save up and go with a full length and different xpipe?

I believe even if you go with midlength headers you will still need a different mid pipe. Stock manifolds are the equivalent to shorty headers when it comes to length so you would be able to use your mid pipe with those. I however don't recommend shorties and neither will anyone else. Anyway, I plan on getting LT's as I would assume there would be more power to be gained with them over the other types.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I believe even if you go with midlength headers you will still need a different mid pipe. Stock manifolds are the equivalent to shorty headers when it comes to length so you would be able to use your mid pipe with those. I however don't recommend shorties and neither will anyone else. Anyway, I plan on getting LT's as I would assume there would be more power to be gained with them over the other types.

With my bassani mid length headers, it came with adapters for the X-pipe, so I didn't have to get a whole new x pipe.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably go LT. I'm sure there is a way to connect your bassani X to a good LT setup.:beer:

gwalker

Established Member
With my bassani mid length headers, it came with adapters for the X-pipe, so I didn't have to get a whole new x pipe.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably go LT. I'm sure there is a way to connect your bassani X to a good LT setup.:beer:

I think they are advertised as having the adapters, correct.

gwalker

Established Member
...Just installed mine...Dyno soon!! :D

Stock manifold numbers in my sig!!

Hurry up! Dont forget to update me.

Wait, u were making 730 with stock manifolds? Will headers even benefit me yet?

Last edited:

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Hurry up! Dont forget to update me.

Wait, u were making 730 with stock manifolds? Will headers even benefit me yet?
Yup!!! ..might be at the Dyno Saturday!!

I'd think they'd be worth something amd they make the system sound great!!

...and yes, the headers come with new adapters for the Bassani x-pipe :)

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I like them, they look great and have excellent ground clearance. That is why I got them because I had the rest of Bassani's stuff. The whole thing sounds pretty mean together!

Alex

gwalker

Established Member
Yup!!! ..might be at the Dyno Saturday!!

I'd think they'd be worth something amd they make the system sound great!!

...and yes, the headers come with new adapters for the Bassani x-pipe :)

Dont forget to go to the dyno tomorrow :)

evolve

Established Member
...Just installed mine...Dyno soon!! :D

Stock manifold numbers in my sig!!

I am actually excited to see this! OP: Get LTs. Grab some MACs for the less expensive route and a Lethal or similar x pipe. OR, get some ARHs (like I did) or Kooks and spend some $$ lol. Either way, as Tim pointed out you'll make gains on a bigger blower.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
in my opinion bassani mid-lengths are just as good as a true long tube without the clearance issues.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Waiting for update from Tim'spony! I have had a set sitting in the box for a couple of years now and this thread may be just the thing to get me off my ass to install them finally. I had actually considered selling them a couple of times because I wasn't sure I'd ever get around to installing them!

black 10th vert

Established Member
in my opinion bassani mid-lengths are just as good as a true long tube without the clearance issues.

I have always heard this, but have you seen them to have similar power gains? It isn't my primary reason for using them, but it would be a nice perk.

Users who are viewing this thread