---[ AR: August 26,27,28* ]---

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
ARKANSASBLAST 2005!clicky

WHEN: Saturday, August 27 10:00AM to 11:00PM
Sunday, August 28 9:00AM to 6:00PM

WHERE: Arkansas State Fairgrounds

MOOLAH: Spectators $10 per day, $20 Car Show Entry, $15 Race All Day Saturday, etc.

This is the SWEETEST SHOW in Arkansas every year! Everyone make an attempt to come! There will at least be a few ASAP members competing in the show. Check out the website above if you have any questions.

NOTE: Minutes from the last meeting will be posted shortly! <------

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Hey we need to plan what time the show cars need to meet to get good inside spots together....Evan you are the man on this so just let me know. Thanks

I just sent a e mail to them about times...I will let you know whats up. :-D

Last edited:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Here is the reply for the BLAST.......I dont know that we can get inside....

Good Day Cheyenne,

Thank you for contacting use here at the Arkansas Blast. Saturday morning the gates will open to competitors only at 9am. You are welcome to come out, get yourself setup and ready to go. If you have any questions, please let us know. I would recommend a tent as the earlier forecast of being in the 80’s has risen to the low to mid 90s.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you at the show.

--

Johnny Sanders

Arkansas Blast

August 27-28, 2005

http://ArkansasBlast.com

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
It's pretty much the same setup as last year. All the vendors are inside. All the car show competitors are outside. I'm bringing a tent/canopy that's pretty big to setup near my car Saturday. We'll need TONS of drinks and any food we can bring since these things are pricey at the show. I'll keep everyone updated on what's going on.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Thats cool we can load stuff in the back of the L.......Sat mor to get set up. Looks like Friday night will be a long one to get ready....................Are you going to leave the cobra over night?

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
I'm bringing it in Saturday morning. Friday is mostly setup for vendors. The latest I'm getting up Saturday is probably 6am. I'm unsure about how they're going to do drinks and food (whether or not we can bring a cooler in). If we can't, then we'll have to toss everything in some of the showcars. I'm sure as hell not paying big bucks to scarf or down something at the show. All I know is it's gonna be hot, so the canopy is a must. Everyone needs to bring their diggie cams and video cameras for this weekend. It would be cool to post the show and some races in the buffet for people to check out, and it could be something we eventually throw on the website.

The main thing I'm concerned about is Saturday night. WE NEED SOME PLANS! Let's plan something ahead of time. There's going to be a SHITLOAD of cars out. I know that at least a group from Missouri, a car club I used to be in called 4N Motorsports, is bringing all their cars down and they're also going to hang out like they usually do. I wish we could find a spot to kick it without all the bullshit that usually comes out. Sip on some bubbly and get naked (hello Jakey).

Give us some ideas!

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
so i take it that we will drive the cars and truck sat nite from the show...and bring them back sun?........we can always start in WLR and if the drama is out we can move to Monica's special spot. :pepper: :beer: :banana:

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
LightningMedic said:
so i take it that we will drive the cars and truck sat nite from the show...and bring them back sun?........we can always start in WLR and if the drama is out we can move to Monica's special spot. :pepper: :beer: :banana:
We have a lot of time to figure out what we're gonna do. I'm off Friday and will be cleaning the shiznat out of my car, probably clay and polish and wax again. Cars leave Saturday night and come back Sunday.

I wish there was somewhere in AC that we could chill and drink or something. Too bad the Monica Presidential Fleshpole Slurping Foundation Trailer aka Rape Box parking lot doesn't have AC. If Monica sucked it in AC, everything should be in AC. :rockon:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Yeah but the weather is going to be better this weekend than last.....It was 95 when we left sat nite at 1130......to damn hot...

jfad85

it puts the lotion on its
Established Member
Hey i think my dad still has a big ass shop fan if he does i will ask if we can use it at the show if not then i will bring a few smaller fans.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
I hope you plan on plugging them into your *** for the power....... :rollseyes :nonono:

Thanks but there isnt power to be had out side......Just shade from the tent and all the ICE i can relocate from my part time job :-D

Last edited:

jfad85

it puts the lotion on its
Established Member
LightningMedic said:
I hope you plan on plugging them into your *** for the power....... :rollseyes :nonono:

Thanks but there isnt power to be had out side......Just shade from the tent and all the ICE i can relocate from my part time job :-D

Mybad i forgot it was outside thank god for misty mates :rolling:

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
i dont know if it would be a good idea to bring in all the car show hype to the presidents special spot. the only reason we were allowed to be there was because that sherrif was cool and we werent f-ing up. if we bring a crew out there and people get crazy we are all liable to get in some pretty heavy shit. what about murray park? maybe one of the huge ass parking lots on furniture row? anywhere big enough to hold all of us isnt going to be air conditioned. maybe it will be cooler this weekend like cheyenne said.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I would suggest the furniture row parking lot, but I'm not sure how NLR is about loitering. Maybe someone should roll through there and see if there are any signs posted up at that spot. I agree with Mister T. I don't think that the Rape Box is a great place to bring a large group of people. Wouldn't want to spoil our secret privelage we have tucked away for when Kmart gets ignorent.

my .02

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Lord, please dont let it be as hot as it was at MMP for the NHRA race yesterday. I am completely roasted. Oh and BTW my buddy that has the vinyl machine sold it last week so thats a no go from me, sorry I couldnt help.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Yeah you're both right. I think it would be best to keep the Rape Box for ourselves. But I really doubt that everyone in LR would want to go all the way to NLR to kick it.

I'm sure that we can relocate with a sensible group once everyone's out. If bullshitters appear, I'm gonna get rowdy.

I was thinking about bringing some fans, but yeah, we do have a problem accessing power. Even if we could find some outlets, they'd be taken up by any outside vendors. Our best bet is to bring a shitload of drinks and ice. I'm wedging some ice cubes between my dual glaze factories, giving me the feeling of being in a perpetual snowstorm.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Here's an update on stickers:

Laura, Eric's girlfriend (in the Mirage), took the logo to Applied Graphics in Benton/Bryant today. The $175 will get us 13 stickers. I asked her to see if I could get a red one, and she said yes. The stickers will be done by Wednesday! I think the rest of those stickers will be white.

SVTsniper

C O P T Z R
Established Member
mhays26 said:
Lord, please dont let it be as hot as it was at MMP for the NHRA race yesterday. I am completely roasted.

It was HOT :pepper: as HELL :fm: and some pretty damn good races (Medlen :coolman: , :burnout: Shumacher/Fuller ) yesterday.

W/L Driver RT ET Speed

(W) Rod Fuller (Valvoline Dragster) 0.056 4.612 313.07
(L) Tony Schumacher (U.S. Army Dragster) 0.074 5.747 172.47

Last edited:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
AzianStang said:
Here's an update on stickers:

Laura, Eric's girlfriend (in the Mirage), took the logo to Applied Graphics in Benton/Bryant today. The $175 will get us 13 stickers. I asked her to see if I could get a red one, and she said yes. The stickers will be done by Wednesday! I think the rest of those stickers will be white.

I thought we were just getting quotes...not ordering them...13.50 a sticker sounds a little high to me.......But whatever.... :dw:

silverponyGT

POONSTANGER
Established Member
What are the sizes of the stickers and how many are we getting per person?? Example: Some people might want one big one some might want like 2 little ones for the little rear windows. Just asking......

Users who are viewing this thread