Apten now, Whipple later, or both?

AustinSonicBlue

As Christmas approaches, 03 owners have gift ideas than a trophy wife in a jewelry store, but what does everyone think of the Apten SC upgrade vs. waiting for the Whipple?

http://www.apten-us.com/performance/03cobra/eaton.asp

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1204

Think the Whipple will be more or less the same $ as a KB?
That verbiage on their webpage looks pretty KB like.

For less than $600 for the Apten, maybe doing both makes the most sense?

... so many choices, so fun to consider

Juiced-03

Established Member
Since I am on a budget, I am going to go the ported blower route. I havnt decided between apten or razor's edge yet, but I know the KB or Wipple is definitely out. I think 500rwhp is plenty for me on the street, and the ported blower can easily deliver that number. A shot of nitrous always helps too if it gets boring lol!

lethal

Established Member
I originally considered the KB, but then I realized that's more then enough to run deep in the 11's. I'll get thrown off the track if no roll bar in my coupe.

I live (no joke) about 5 miles from Razor's Edge. I'm close to talking with them about porting the blower, checking out my entire setup, and giving me a custom tune for my Predator. I know Johan and Nick @ Diablo, and Johan told me that Paul was one of the first people to get the Diablo tuning software, and that he really does a quality job.

Unless you really expect to get into the 10's ... I'd say go with the ported blower and spend the other money on suspension mods. Once you pass the Eaton, I think your going to end up upgrading all sorts of parts on your fuel system, etc to push high amounts of boost with any other supercharger.

I have no idea what your going to do with all that power... either at the track 1/4 mile at a time, road couse, or the street (bad idea, in my opinion). I know it must be a rush owning a KB boosted car.... just be prepared to be bumped from the track.

John

Griffin

Established Member
I was the first person to get a Razors Edge ported blower and I am very pleased with it.

Can't beat the price and the quality of the porting is top notch:beer:

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
If you've got the money for the KB or Whipple you've got the money to do the Apten first, but how many times do you want to do the switch?

I'm waiting for the KB to have some competetion, whether it be the Works, Whipple, Eaton, Apten, or Magnum Powers.

The numbers favor the MP blower, the efficiency increase that the Eaton or KB offer is also attractive.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03DOHC
All depends on what you can afford. Apten is in my future budget.
That's exactly why I'm going with the Apten. I'm not looking to put down more than 500 rwhp. And I'm not looking to spend $3500. (plus the install). And since this is a Christmas present from my wife.......well, you understand. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread