appt with aed for a full dyno sesh on e85

Liln2o

Established Member
The car has ben running like shit since the clutch and fly wheel change but I finnaly got ahold of shean at aed and im set up for a dyno tune this sat..... will post # asap I can not wait for this thing to run how it should.....

SuperTorched

Established Member
I can't wait to see the numbers. I need to make a appt with AED soon too. Getting ready to pulley the car. I must be one of the only stock pullied cobras around.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
this crank relearn bs is out of hand. really pisses me off that i cant just swap my clutch with out easily doing this relearn.

The only reason I ask is at the end of this month I'm getting a Paxton 2200 sl installed with a spec stage 3 clutch, upgraded clutch line and upgraded motor mounts. Part of this install involves a crank relearn, it's essential for the car to run right. I'm thinking this is the reason why your car isn't running right! I'd take to someone have it done or have Shaun do it if your near him.

FIFTY

Established Member
Make sure you don't get on it...I believe u could go very lean if relearn wasn't done, be careful.

Liln2o

Established Member
OK thank god I have a friend that works at ford it cost me a 12pack of beer and the car feels and sounds like a v8 5.0 mustang I am a happy camper..... it pulls hard again.... I can only imagine with some more good tuning

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
The only reason I ask is at the end of this month I'm getting a Paxton 2200 sl installed with a spec stage 3 clutch, upgraded clutch line and upgraded motor mounts. Part of this install involves a crank relearn, it's essential for the car to run right. I'm thinking this is the reason why your car isn't running right! I'd take to someone have it done or have Shaun do it if your near him.

didnt meant anything about your suggestion. just sucks we have to do this for a clutch swap. what the hell was ford thinking?

RFM50

Established Member
A crank relearn isn't something the tuners can do for you is it? I thought this can only be preformed by a dealer. Anyone know what the average cost to have this done by a dealer is?

01bluesnake

Established Member
They may charge you a half hour to hour for the crank relearn, depends how many the techs/dealer are use to doing. Anyone who actually decided to purchase the IDS Ford scan tool can do this, so some tuners can. For the average person, its not cost effective to own at 2K+ on top of yearly renewal fees of $600 if i remember correct.

RFM50

Established Member
I knew it had to be done by fords ids, I just wasn't sure if any of the tuners had purchased one. Once I get ready to do a clutch I will have to find a dealer or shop that is used to doing the relearn.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Ya, i've heard a few tuners use the oem tool including Lund and Shaun but could be mistaken on that. The IDS datalogging ability blows SCT out of the water, but would expect that being the factory diagnostic tool.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ya, i've heard a few tuners use the oem tool including Lund and Shaun but could be mistaken on that. The IDS datalogging ability blows SCT out of the water, but would expect that being the factory diagnostic tool.

Now only if they could get in price range for the weekend warrior guy to buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread