Aotometer Auto-lite Gauges

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by KNGOBRA
....and another!
Question KNCOBRA.
I have the same gauges and gauge pod. On the stock bezel there is a rubber piece along the bottom above the steering wheel but it's missing on my autometer piece. Is there one on yours? It gapped on my 99 and I hated it.

Also, have you found a solution for the hole on the left side? There is a defroster button there on the 99 but not the Cobra. I still have a few switches that need to be mounted in the car and I'm trying to find a billet switch that fits there that doesn't have any writing on it.

btw, I picked up green light bulbs for mine at Autozone in the ricer section. ;-)

docs03

Established Member
Tracy

You can remove the rubber bezel from the stock pod and tack it under the autometer piece. That's what I did and it looks fine.

Did you get my PM about the brake light cutoff switch? Picked up the correct colored light bar. Instructions a little cumbersome

Thanks
doc

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Thanks for the tip doc.
Don't let the instructions intimidate you! Get all the tools they call for and take your time. You'll be fine. I got the info on the switch...thanks.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Also, have you found a solution for the hole on the left side? There is a defroster button there on the 99 but not the Cobra.
Does anyone have any pics on what they did to cover this hole? I am thinking of painting my bezel, if I do I will just fiberglass the hole, fill it and sand it smooth, and hopefully you won't be able to tell it was ever there. That might be too much work though, I nice plug or plaque would be better.

BBriBro

Established Member
94SVT Coupe, I looked through your 3 pages of pics, only one of the dash, and it's the factory bezel. :shrug:

Blades

Established Member
The green condom on the bulb looks better in person, but here's a pic to give you an idea of what it looks like at night!!

ok where did i miss the part about the free autometer condoms? I've been ripped.

BBriBro

Established Member
Thanks, Damn I never thought about the different colors, jeesh, I guess there is no "perfect" solution, I am still undecided :(

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
I read a month or two ago that Autometer was working on a bezel w/o the hole for the 98+ cars. Haven't seen one yet though..

KNGOBRA

Banned
This is what I have so far to fill in my hole. It's an A/F ratio meter that is hooked up to another o2 sensor thru an added bung on the drivers side.

(racerat) why did you go with the colored bulbs instead of the colored condom, how does it look compared to the bulb covers??

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
(racerat) why did you go with the colored bulbs instead of the colored condom, how does it look compared to the bulb covers??

My gauges didn't come with extra protection. ;-)
I'll know what the bulbs look like this weekend when the gauges "hopefully" get installed.

KNGOBRA

Banned
Originally posted by racerat
My gauges didn't come with extra protection. ;-)
I'll know what the bulbs look like this weekend when the gauges "hopefully" get installed.

Post some night time pics if you can....:)

Users who are viewing this thread