Aotometer Auto-lite Gauges

forced03

Established Member
Autometer Ultra-lite Gauges

I'm going to order these today. 20psi boost and 0-100 electric fuel pressure. I am thinking they will look similar to stock. Can someone post a picture of what they look like. Any pictures would be great but mostly looking for a night shot with the green sleeve on the bulb. I can't find any night shots :beer:

Last edited:

Silver 03 Cobra

I just installed a dual pod full a-pillar in my buddies 03 with Lunar Series Autometer elec. fuel press. and mech boost gauges. They match real close at night.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by forced03
Thanks. I would get the Lunar gauges but the boost gauge goes to 30 and I want a max of 20.

What difference does the max make as long as you don't go over it? I know you won't be goin over 17-20 psi max with the Eaton.

forced03

Established Member
I still have stock pullies and when / if I do swap, I will probably at most go with a 3.2" upper. So, a 20lbs gauge will fit me better. On a 30psi gauge the needle won't even use 2/3 of the boost on the gauge.

KNGOBRA

Banned
Originally posted by forced03
I still have stock pullies and when / if I do swap, I will probably at most go with a 3.2" upper. So, a 20lbs gauge will fit me better. On a 30psi gauge the needle won't even use 2/3 of the boost on the gauge.

Hey forced03, I'm with you! I was thinking the exact same way and plan on getting the 20psi gauge too but I'm also hesitant until I can see exactly how they will light up at night. I was looking at the Phantom series.

The question is does anyone have night pics of anything other than the Lunar line of gauges from Autometer?? :shrug:

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Originally posted by KNGOBRA
Hey forced03, I'm with you! I was thinking the exact same way and plan on getting the 20psi gauge too but I'm also hesitant until I can see exactly how they will light up at night. I was looking at the Phantom series.

The question is does anyone have night pics of anything other than the Lunar line of gauges from Autometer?? :shrug:

Here are some of the Cobalt series:

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
yeah i like the cobalt series, but i also want to change out our stock gauges to match them. im not crazy about the indiglo look, i just like when only the numbers light up at night. what would be cool is if autometer could make that gauge kit in cobalt, with a boost instead of volt gauge, like they did with the lunar gauge kit for 99+ mustang.

BBriBro

Established Member
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, But forced03 and KNGOBRA, I agree with both of you, what did you guys decide for gauges? I have a dilemma, I too do not want the full 30 psi on the boost side since I know I'll never use it, I'd rather see the needle swing 75% of the sweep with reasonable boost levels. the lunars match the stock lighting well, but I wan't an oil temp gauge, and they do not make one. I also want a full sweep electrical gauge, not the typical 90 degrees you usually get with the electrics. I also would like to see some new gauge pics, and if the person with the saleen dash pod is on here, post some pics of that please !! I have been searching old threads, but many of the pictures never "came back" after the problems with the forum, maybe thats how they fixed it, buy removing a lot of "old info" Guys, check out this thread, let me know what you think.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36549

forced03

Established Member
I ended up going with the ultra-lites. I am happy with my decision. During the day, they look great. At night they don't match at all, but I still like them. They come with a green bulb cover but it was so far off from stock I think it looks better to not use it at all.

BBriBro

Established Member
what color is the back light? Just white? Hmmm. Did they come with a red cover? the contrast might be nice with the green, at least it wouldn't look like you were trying to match them.

KNGOBRA

Banned
The green condom on the bulb looks better in person, but here's a pic to give you an idea of what it looks like at night!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread