Anyway to eliminate sequential lights on 2011 ??

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Hey guys, just want to know if I can eliminate the sequential tail lights on a 2011 stang? I'm picking up the car tomorrow and I can't stand the way they blink. I just want regular style blinkers.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Im sure you can with some rewiring of the vehicle, but that may cause some issues with the BCM. I would just leave it alone, as you generally wont see them anyway.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I think they look BADASS and stand out better than the everyday normal brake lights. I would leave them alone especially since you can't see them anyway.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
The only time I notice them is when I see another Mustang turn. Then I say to myself, not a big fan. Then I usually forget I have them until the next Mustang with them turns. It just goes on and on from there. :rolling:

PhantomX

Established Member
Why go thru all the trouble of messing with the cars wiring and potentially causing more headaches for your self for something you never actually see, ever.

cobra1718

Established Member
this is weird most 05-09 owners spent money to get these and now that they are OEM some dont like them :shrug:

SCMOKN

Established Member
You never see them, why mess with them? I have had people come up next to me at traffic lights and said how much they like them.

kingnut

Established Member
in with OP. i was behind a 5.0 the other day and the sequential tails look feminine. its something i would expect a prius to have.

kevinp

Established Member
Just move to Tennessee, no one uses turn signals here so you can just break the turn signal lever off and be done with it.

I dont really care for them either, be nice if Ford gave the option to turn it off instead of lighted cupholders but you know- priorities :)

I would maybe look into the possibility of an export BCM-B, no way other countries would allow that silliness. Good Ford parts guy may be able to help.

kevinp

Established Member
this is weird most 05-09 owners spent money to get these and now that they are OEM some dont like them :shrug:

Yea, reminds me of when the new body style Dodge trucks came out and they had vinyl blackouts on the door posts between the windows, everyone hated them and peeled them off for the 'clean look.' I was on the Trailblazer SS forums as well and people were putting the same style vinyl blackouts on for that 'lower mean' look lol.

Grass is always greener..

I dont hate the light enough to try to change them, as mentioned I never see them. Its a novelty and you can spot one a mile away turning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread