Anyone with H.I.D. lights?

Bowlegz

Established Member
I want to upgrade to H.I.D lighting, but don't know which setup would work best. I've heard that sometimes the really blue and purplelish setup don't really help you see at night! Anyone has H.I.D, and can help me out with this one?? :shrug:

bigj

Established Member
I think 8k is a perfect in between number. Ill post pics tonight of my 13k and 8k.

svt04l

Established Member
everyone is gonna have a different opinion on this when it comes to this. in terms of usability, the lower the K (closer to white) the higher the lumen. (output of light).. so it basically comes down to how pretty or cool you want it to be vs how much light and visibility you think would be enough for you.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
What is yalls take on the kits on Ebay for around $75? They look good and come with everything in a more expensive kit. I would like to do my headlights and then throw some cheap look-a-like bulbs in my fogs.

svt04l

Established Member
some are better than others, bottom line is the L housing was not designed to house HID. so any kit will do just fine. it will come down to how scattered or centered the beam pattern is along with how fast a component may fail. the cheaper you go it will more of a possibility.

my98stang46

Established Member
Ive got 6000K and the difference is huge. the light that you see on the road is pure white while if you stand back and look at them they have a blue tint

HIDs.gif

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
guys can you post where you got your HID's from. I need links too. I will be ordering a set as soon as yall do that. thanks in advance and sorry for posting this in ya thread bud!

BTW pure white on the road and looking blue from a distance is exactly what i want. I was thinking 8k would give me that. Ah well. I can just swap out bulbs i guess.

svt04l

Established Member
4300 (factory stock will give you the most output) a close second will be followed by the 5 to 6k range in the aftermarket department.

denali_on_26's

I have a traction problem
Established Member
i had 8000K in my truck low/high and fogs but i thought it was to much and it all blended into one big headlight so i took the 8000K's out of the fogs and put 3400K in and it gave it the lexus look

here are some pics of 8000K low/high and 3400K (yellow) fogs in my truck(i personally like this look better)
HIDsyellow007.jpg

HIDsyellow005.jpg

HIDsyellow012.jpg

HIDsyellow010.jpg

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I have the 8K and I kind of wished that I had gone with the 6K instead. It's not hateful, it's just that the 6K's are a little bit more subtle than the 8K with still being blue.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
where are you guys ordering your HID kits from?

i did a search and found http://www.mobilehid.com/ , i found Dual xenon HID conversion kits for i guess $400 is the cost. That way i don't loose my high beams.

I believe my headlights are 9007 like my rangers because it's one bulb that does both high and low beams. Ill check my manual tomorrow to confirm. That way i can order tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread