Anyone who rides on the dirt, super clean 2-smoker find (CR250)

collinzx6r

Fighter of Fire
Established Member
Not sure where to post this, but i was browsing the San Antonio craigslist motorcycle section, as I do from time to time, and stumbled upon this super clean CR. Anyone who rides on the dirt knows how hard it is to find a 2-smoker in even halfway decent shape, no matter what year. The guy also has a couple of clean XRs for sale. I'd buy the CR myself if I had any room for another bike. Maybe I'll sell my wife's little XR100 in order to open the spot for another big boy bike.... I mean, it's not like i haven't been kicked in the nuts before...

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1998-honda-cr250-rl-like-new/6458698422.html

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Not sure where to post this, but i was browsing the San Antonio craigslist motorcycle section, as I do from time to time, and stumbled upon this super clean CR. Anyone who rides on the dirt knows how hard it is to find a 2-smoker in even halfway decent shape, no matter what year. The guy also has a couple of clean XRs for sale. I'd buy the CR myself if I had any room for another bike. Maybe I'll sell my wife's little XR100 in order to open the spot for another big boy bike.... I mean, it's not like i haven't been kicked in the nuts before...

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1998-honda-cr250-rl-like-new/6458698422.html

That's a nice bike, I have an 01 CR and love it. My next one won't be a two stroke though, really wanting a CRF 450R.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I've got one identical and in the same condition. I didn't realize it was worth that much. I might have to sell it come spring.

collinzx6r

Fighter of Fire
Established Member
I have a 04 that is that clean. I don't think they will bring that much

How much you want to get rid of that 04 for?

Surprisingly they easily sell for that much. I had twin 01 CR125's and sold the worse of the two for $2300 not even six months ago. Guys are even purposely looking for beat to shit 2-strokes in order to re-build them from the ground up and they are selling anywhere from $4000-$5500 after the build.

collinzx6r

Fighter of Fire
Established Member
I'm on a 2016 KX450F as my primary bike now, but still keep my 01 CR125 for when I want to rip the throttle wide open 100% of the time.

Any of you guys with those 2-strokes that don't ride em, send me some pics and a price.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
How much you want to get rid of that 04 for?

Surprisingly they easily sell for that much. I had twin 01 CR125's and sold the worse of the two for $2300 not even six months ago. Guys are even purposely looking for beat to shit 2-strokes in order to re-build them from the ground up and they are selling anywhere from $4000-$5500 after the build.
My daughter has an '01 CR125...she will not sell it.

331 LX

Established Member
That is clean.. I didn't know they brought that much. Last year I took a 01' CR125 down to the bare frame and re-did everything. Sold it for 1,600 bucks. I'll try to find some pictures.

Like you, I'm a bit bike heavy currently with 4.

2016 KTM 200 XC-W
3 yamaha TTR 125's - two for flat tracking
And the Duc

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
There is a market for 2 strokes for sure. There are some badass replica
Builds on vitalmx.com. Particular of the early 2000’s cr250.

If you have a clean one be patient in selling, the right buyer will come.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I didn’t know there was a market for this either. I got two buddies with cr250’s good shape. I thought the 2 stroke market was way down, I look around once in awhile for cheap 85’s to ride the trails with.

Rct851

Established Member
I didn’t know there was a market for this either. I got two buddies with cr250’s good shape. I thought the 2 stroke market was way down, I look around once in awhile for cheap 85’s to ride the trails with.

Racing for the most part and is dominated by 4 strokes but on a weekend at the track there are days now when there are an equal amount of 4 strokes and 2 strokes.

I know several people that are ditching the 450 for a 2 stroke. If you are in decent shape and can ride its more fun. The 450 on anything other then deep loamy or really big tracks is so overkill

blk02edge

Established Member
I will ride a 2t for as long as I can physically ride. 4 strokes do nothing for me. The 250/300s have become worth a small fortune in my area nowadays
20170506_214041.jpg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
That's a nice bike, I have an 01 CR and love it. My next one won't be a two stroke though, really wanting a CRF 450R.
Since I sold my sport bike I've seriously considered a dirt bike. Where do you ride? Rode them as a kid and they were a freaking blast. Since I never really grew up it should still be.
There is a dirt bike track not far from my house. I see people with bikes loaded up and headed there on weekends.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Since I sold my sport bike I've seriously considered a dirt bike. Where do you ride? Rode them as a kid and they were a freaking blast. Since I never really grew up it should still be.
There is a dirt bike track not far from my house. I see people with bikes loaded up and headed there on weekends.

I ride mostly on the 400 acres my in-laws have in Crockett. Though occasionally in the woods behind our neighborhood, close to cypress creek and our retention pond.

You should do it! We can be thunder buddies! I have told my wife repeatedly that I will never grow up, think she’s finally starting to accept it.

nxhappy

Established Member
he's a tad high. I would say $2100-2500 IF the bike doesn't need anything at all. But most end up needing chain/sprockets/tires anyway. I rode my uncles CR smoker, I loved it. Makes we want another bike haha.

Rct851

Established Member

Between 3 palms mx, freedom mx, and rio bravo mx, there is a difficulty level and type of track for everyon

Users who are viewing this thread