Anyone use shaftmasters drive shaft

crazygn

Established Member
Wasn't shaftmasters on the forum .... Looking to see how these are since their cheaper then most and if they have any sales going

kingcobra323

Established Member
Shaftmasters are great quality and price. They were on sale a couple months back for like $550. I paid $599 and love it

Posted via Topify on Android

bullet3z

Established Member
Just installed mine.

It's a night and day difference, wouldn't hesitate to grab one.

What makes it a night and day difference? Everyone always says how much better things are but why is it better than stock. Not defending the two piece unit. Just trying to figure out why I should spend money on this product?

Nuar

Established Member
lighter so quicker acceleration and slightly better gas mileage, lets the motor wind out easier...
once piece design, making it stronger and no joints meaning no clunks from the drive line making it butter smooth.

I will be getting one at xmas time with all the sales going on :p (I had one on my old car and I loved it, could tell the difference the first drive I took with the new drive shaft)

Torchy

Established Member
IMO ShaftMasters is the best unit you can buy and it works best. Had mine for almost a year problem and vibration free.

BornCoqui

Established Member
What makes it a night and day difference? Everyone always says how much better things are but why is it better than stock. Not defending the two piece unit. Just trying to figure out why I should spend money on this product?

Everything Nuar mentioned sums it up.

Its an entirely different feel to the car, its hard to explain , kinda one of those things you have to experience first hand.

bodon

Established Member
I installed a Shaftmasters about 400 miles ago. Easy install, vibration free. But to be totally honest here I installed it to lower my ET at the track. Did absolutely nothing. Same ET as the stock unit. Smooth all the way up to 110 mph. Also I believe its stronger and better than the stock unit. But if you stay on the street only I wouldn't bother. They do have the best price. Only took 4-5 days for delivery. If you're getting one I would definitely go with Shaftmasters!

Last edited:

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I had one on my 11 auto. It vibrated above 60 MPH. It wasn't a bad vibration but it was noticeable. I bought a DSS carbon fiber well over a year ago and just installed it this weekend. It doesn't vibrate. To be fair I never tried to re clock the shaftmaster. I may have been able to rotate it 180 get rid of the vibration. I'll take it to a shop around here and see if it is out of balance and may put it on the Boss.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Hard to believe it made no difference in ET or MPH (not refuting what you expienced) I would be tempted to swap it out at the track after a few runs on the stock shaft, if that's possible. Maybe it would make more of a difference on a road course.

nosscort

Established Member
I have a shaftmasters and honestly Un sure how clocking it if it's a balanced piece will help any vibrations. It can only go in one way and there are no adapter plates.

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Absolutely. .. I actually use them exclusively for all my customers needs. They do all my th400 shafts and my s197 ones. Have purchased 20+ shafts from them most custom and have had zero issues.

stangn

Established Member
Mine had a slight vib but turned in 180 and all is good. Customer service before during and after is top notch. Mine is for a 9" with a 1350 joint at dif and it fit perfect.

RusWolf

Established Member
Quick question in regards to shaftmasters DS: Is it safe and still reliable spinning to 8K RPM? If i build my motor over the winter i will set my redline to around 8K RPM to fully take advantage of BOSS IM and Paxton.

Users who are viewing this thread